Wooshing Crane

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daddyisabar

Oddroc scum. Mindsimmer.
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
20210519_231056.jpg
Finally getting the groove back after the move and starting in on Whooshing Crane. 3x24mm E12 4 canted cluster, not quite mid cant but a nice long pair of crane legs on the back will give it more length. Looking at a belly and shoulder shroud. Maybe some small red feathers on the head? Can't find the ruler box so have been measuring with fingers. 3 canted motor mount assembled and installed solely with CA. A bit of Aleenes tacky for gap filling. Inner body tube soak with thin CA for poor boy phenolic. Gotta stand up to 3 ejection charges. Rounded balsa transition to look like a Crane's behind. BIRD IS THE WORD! Whooping Cranes rule! Whoosh Poppers also rule!

The motors are farther back than I initially planned, but with my mindsim upgraded to Windows '95, it said they needed to be more on the backside of the rocket...where they should be! Hey Mr . RSO, it is just a Tres with some mods.

The motors are farther back than I initially planned, but with my mindsim upgraded to Windows '95, it said they needed to be more on the backside of the rocket...where they should be! Hey Mr . RSO, it is just a Tres with some mods.
Something tells me that beak is gonna be full of buckshot, but nothing 3 motors can’t handle.

View attachment 465178
Finally getting the groove back after the move and starting in on Whooshing Crane. 3x24mm E12 4 canted cluster, not quite mid cant but a nice long pair of crane legs on the back will give it more length. Looking at a belly and shoulder shroud. Maybe some small red feathers on the head? Can't find the ruler box so have been measuring with fingers. 3 canted motor mount assembled and installed solely with CA. A bit of Aleenes tacky for gap filling. Inner body tube soak with thin CA for poor boy phenolic. Gotta stand up to 3 ejection charges. Rounded balsa transition to look like a Crane's behind. BIRD IS THE WORD! Whooping Cranes rule! Whoosh Poppers also rule!

It is that time of year.. should be another awesome bird to add to the flock.

DSCF4520.JPG

Last edited: