WOOSH Rocketry- Wisconsin- Eat Cheese or Fly- Aug 19/20

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djs

Reaction score
Yup- it's that time of the year again- where cheese gets lofted to unreasonable heights! Come to Bong rec area in Wisconsin for a 2 day launch!

I'll be there Sat most likely, not sure about Sunday. Going to fly odd rockets:

Propulsive Poultry (aka. the turkey rocket) on an I327DM
6" pyramid on a CTI E31WT
Loc Cool Spool- G64W

and if I have time
Loc Weasel on E23W
Wildman 2.6" V2 on an F52T

and maybe
New Way - Exocet- C6-3

plus whatever the rest of the family wants to fly.

Be forewarned- I will be there on Sunday (the only day of the week I have off) absolutely torturing a Madcow Bomarc on CTI 29mm motors at their upper limits of newton capability.

Along with young Sabrina (and, possibly) flying "The It". :dark:

More details too follow on Sunday... :headbang:

Mums the word- :point:

I MEAN IT! Everyone be quiet now! Like y'all be very, very quiet. :eek:

Where's the cheese??? Miki and I will be there. I think Tim and Jackie are having lunch. Maybe we can all bring something for the lunch.

I thought the customer appreciation lunch from Jackie and Tim was in September?

Thanks Jackie and Tim!

Just a reminder to everyone to help find Rex's missing rocket south west from the launch pads, near the tree line. Also, my Interceptor that came in hot is still probably buried somewhere just north of the launch site/road.

Great weather and great launch today. Extra special thanks to Jackie and Tim for a great lunch.

Here is the video of the turkey rocket flight:

[video=youtube;j5URlE6cW0M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5URlE6cW0M[/video]

Gus don't park your car there. Most rockets were landing just North of were you are parked. Sat. was great weather very low winds if any. Have a great day

Gus don't park your car there. Most rockets were landing just North of were you are parked. Sat. was great weather very low winds if any. Have a great day

Appreciate it Cross! Just waiting on the Sagers to determine final parking assignment... WAKE UP SABRINA! I drove through Chicago like I owned it with 707 horsepower to be here. Rise and, SHINE my little bisquit! :eek:

That looks like mine I lost 2 years ago. Was a good crowd for Sat. Jackie and Tim had one of their famous meals. Very good.

We got a few photos and some video on Sat and Sun. Haven't had a chance to go through I all yet, but here is a nice still from one of the on-board videos.

Sabrina hit the rack early tonight. She had a great time, thanks to all who made it possible. And thanks to Gus, who made a special trip up from Indiana, and gave Sabrina a beautiful new Mirage with a fantastic "Stars and Stripes" paint job - Awesome!

vlcsnap-2017-08-20-20h10m26s194.jpg

Thank-you to WOOSH for putting on a well run event even with the August heat amongst us!
Special thanks to the Sager family for giving me some shade and, letting me help out as I sat back and, enjoyed the unfolding events!:D

Congratulations to Sather Ranum for winning the "Eat Cheese or Fly" contest although he would tell you that it was a very close late run from Sabrina that almost stole the show-:dark:

Looking forward to seeing some pictures, I'm sure an awesome flight video from Sabrina's newest toy AND, the SIDEBURN growing contest that Sather and, I will be competing in at Midwest Power later this year.

Now where's my bottle of Rogaine?:lol:

Gus,

Sorry I was not able to come Sunday, Saturday only in and out for me.

Were you able to pick up Nick's tower from Tim?

Thank you sir...

Gus,

Sorry I was not able to come Sunday, Saturday only in and out for me.

Were you able to pick up Nick's tower from Tim?

Thank you sir...

Yes Sir I did!:D Thanks for putting it in that nice carrying case too!
There's a really funny joke here-

Tim gets bag from Justin.
Gives bag to Gus...
Gus drives bag back to Indiana...
Gus gives bag to Nick next weekend...
Nick drives bag to Kansas...uses contents.
Nick tries to figure way to get contents/ bag back to lovable Justin!:p

Tim's going to Kansas too- With a big trailer of stuffage...

THAT bag is going to have more miles on it than a French Quarter H:surprised::surprised:ker on it in the course of two weeks...:lol:

Life is funny and, sometimes confusing!

it was a very close late run from Sabrina that almost stole the show

Absolutely!!! Love that girl - she never gives up. The first picture is her hanging the rocket ON THE ROD NEXT TO THE ONE SHE LAUNCHED FROM in a closest to the pad competition! Not gonna stop there, she angles the rod a bit on her next flight and hits her own blast deflector on the way down, forcing a fly-off. The second picture, (rotated to the correct orientation using state of the art technology), is the result of the fly-off... two rock-laden (nose weight), underpowered (1/2A) Snitches turtled side by side about 2 inches apart. You rock, girl!

... AND, the SIDEBURN growing contest that Sather and, I will be competing in at Midwest Power later this year.:

Okay, we're gonna need some rules. Open to ALL (assuming side-burn capable genes - sorry, Sabrina... you're out - but you can be the judge). Must be identifiable as sideburns... no full beards (Rex), no 10-day stubble (Tim). We're talking fat Elvis, Wolverine, Burt Rutan stuff here. Game on.

image.jpg

well since it is a 'sideburn growing' contest I'm out, mine are already grown :). going to need a before picture of each entrant so the judges can compare. I wouldn't count Sabrina(or any of the ladies) out just yet...:)
Rex

Back