WOOSH rocketry @ Bong- 7/23- 7/24

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djs

Reaction score
Anyone going? I'll be there both days, although not sure how long due to the heat. I've got a new mobius camera that I'm itching to try out!

Planning on attending on Sunday. Have to do some dropping off, picking up, and hopefully burning a bit of WThunder and Vmax. Hope to see you there!

Saturday = yes in the AM, leaving noon~ish for other obligations. Sunday = Yes full day. Have a newly built Wildman Demon 54 , a Chute-Release, and too many un-burnt motors. :cool:

I'll go looking for the kite/bay on Saturday- I should have time.

Then I'll see you there tomorrow, Tim. I have a little rocket bit for you. I'll try to remember to bring it along.

Adrian

It's been dry at the orchard. A mile or so straight north of the launch area. Low clouds and getting lower and darker.

The day started with broken sun and a ton of humidity. Low wind.

Last edited:
I was there until 3pm. It was HOT AND HUMID! Clouds were rolling in, but no rain before I left.

I'm heading out on Sunday. I've got a rocket to fly and stuff to pick up from Tim. Hope to see you guys tomorrow.

Pretty good amount- more than I would have thought due to the heat. Carl flew his 6" Eagle Claw on an M motor- very nice flight. Several L1 flights. I flew my 2.6" darkstar on a I140 skid- video here:

[video=youtube;O3EtW9Rbc3g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3EtW9Rbc3g[/video]

Those Estes E motors should be pulled from the market. But our leaders will say make sure you file a MESS report. All the E motors do is make a MESS out of our rockets.

Weather was nicer today- with a bit of wind, it was tolerable. Good flights, other than Charles's CATO, which was kind of cool to watch, in a "glad that didn't happen to me" way.

Back