woohoo! 205 registered TARC teams!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketsonly

Reaction score
Yea, the numbers are increasingly rather quickly now. Hopefully there will be the same turnout as last year!

Lots of schools are now having 3 to 4 teams! Seems pretty intimidating. A school could theoretically take the top four places!

Speaking of...
I am mentoring two teams consisting of my local Civil Air Patrol.
How does it feel to make parts for the competition?;)
Just kidding, it will be nice to see you guys and the Under Dog guys there!

#&#$&#*$#*$#!!!

Olathe Northwest (Team 1)
Team Number - 3223
Olathe, KS

Olathe Northwest (Team 2)
Team Number - 3224
Olathe, KS

Olathe Northwest (Team 3)
Team Number - 3225
Olathe, KS

Olathe Northwest (Team 4)
Team Number - 3226
Olathe, KS

Olathe Northwest (Team 5)
Team Number - 3227
Olathe, KS

Olathe Northwest (Team 6)
Team Number - 3228
Olathe, KS

Olathe Northwest (Team 7)
Team Number - 3229
Olathe, KS

Olathe Northwest (Team 8)
Team Number - 3230
Olathe, KS

EIGHT TEAMS?!?!?!

yea! 589 teams registered, and less than 12 hours for teams to send out there registrations! Unfortunetley this isn't the largest competition I've entered in :(

Well, with a minimum of 3 people per team, the least amount of people you will be competing against is 1767, and that is with three people per tem. If we say about 5 per team, that is 2945 people that you are competing against, and that is a little conservative. 2945 is a lot of people involved in one rocketry competition even if you do compete in teams.

Originally posted by AlexM
Well, with a minimum of 3 people per team, the least amount of people you will be competing against is 1767, and that is with three people per tem. If we say about 5 per team, that is 2945 people that you are competing against, and that is a little conservative. 2945 is a lot of people involved in one competition even if you do compete in teams.

Well, if you want to look in it that way...

Science Olympiad has about 30 teams per state, with a minimum of 15 students per team. That's 450 kids/state, and 22,500 kids in the nation. And that's just for Div. B (middle school).

Another large competition is BEST. It's very similar to FIRST, but the time frame is 2 months as opposed to the whole year (like TARC). At states, there were about 20 teams, each with about 10 members each. That's around 10,000 students if all the states had 20 teams.

So yes, TARC is a rather small competition compared to others.

Rocketry is a pretty small community though, so 3000 people is a lot for rocketry .

I'm not being lazy...

Is there an "official" list of the currently registered teams...???

I know our club is mentoring four teams this year... I'd just like to see their names in light so to speak...

OK... I'm a little lazy...

Steward

Yippeee!

703 registered teams

It's most likely all that will join because the postmark deadline was December 12th.

Let the games begin!

Back