• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found WM Blackhawk 24

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been checking the Wildman site regularly for maybe 9 months now hoping to find it in stock. Hopefully it's about time for them to do another production run of the kits.

I've been checking the Wildman site regularly for maybe 9 months now hoping to find it in stock. Hopefully it's about time for them to do another production run of the kits.
Usually if its going to be available it seems like its around Black Friday and its a WM Club kit iirc.

Thanks but Tim has been out of stock for about 18 months and when he did have them they cleared his inventory quickly.

I've already spoke to him about it a while back and the problem is the lack of a source of supply for the 24mm tubes. There is such a low demand signal for tubes that size in industry that larger (non-rocketry related) suppliers don't carry it because the cost/benefit doesn't work out. If no one has a BH24 to sell then I'll ask TRF's carbon fiber tube making individual(s) if they can make a batch.

If interested in a built one, I have BlackHawk24 #1 [pic used on WM site] I built it for debut of 24mm 6 grain motor, that I am willing to sell [in pristine condition].

The rocket history is a bit strange...
Dr J from CTI contacted me about how we could get Tim [WM} to produce a 24mm rocket as Dr J wanted to do a full G 6-grain 24mm motor. At the time nothing in the market to fly this Hemi 24mm .

So CTI sent me the first 24mm 6-grain motor. I showed it to Tim and in amazement he queried as how I got that and no else was even aware it being made..
Remember no reloads yet, just a proto case....No rocket to fly it in either! No other size 24mm, just the 6-grain motor.
So I told Tim if he did not sell a kit when I showed this on forum SOMEONE would.

The 29mm BlackHawk had just successfully debuted, so a downsize to 24mm was in order. I built the #1 for this thread , and the rest was history.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/24mm-blackhawk-beast-is-unleashed-rocket-motor-combo.9745/

I quit counting when 1000 were sold. The first 250 got a free motor coupon [the new 6 grain 24mm] as the motors and reloads were not available yet.
The thread above was so successful CTI and Wildman went ahead with the launch and the Newly born [24] had a Hemi -motor to launch on!

I was getting ready to sell some of my over 75 glass rocket inventory to thin the herd...many are the first build for Tim, like all the BlackHawks and manuals..I did a total of 34 first builds for the manuals.
Saw your wanted and thought u might be interest in the Unicorn of BH24's 125.00 shipped or 100.00 u pay for boxes, packig and shipping..or local pickup at a launch.

Hope u enjoyed the history of the 24.

PS I have a prototype 7-1 Von karmon fiberglass NC 7.5inches long I will throw in with purchase of the Blackhawk. Finished and painted Value..priceless only 2 were made and the mold broke. Cone only weighs 3 grams.

DSCN5219.jpg

100_3984.jpg100_4233.jpg100_4249_2.jpg

Last edited:
The biggest issue with the 24's was the small size and BIG motor.
Too many folks built them and for first flight stuck the 6 grain motor in....with out trackers!

On the pad...Bang...gone...out a sight...never to be seen again. lol

Contact IMSI for the tubing. Print the nose cone. Use G10 sheet for the fins and clone it. Fiberglass is plenty strong enough for any 24 mm motor you can put in it. (Maybe need to get into 24 mm motors :)) IMSI may make carbon fiber. Order enough (500'?) to make a bunch of kits and sell to Wildman. If only 1, Composite Warehouse has 24 mm G12 airframe. Call and find what is in stock. If none, go to IMSI. Contact Jim Hendrickson (Blacklack2564 on TRF). Don Ball has some of my 18 mm F motors and fiberglass airframes. He plans to use a TeleMini (fits BT-20) with 70 cm RDF and dual deploy. Flying in Michigan April 1-3. http://www.michianarocketry.org/michiana-rocketry-mayhem.html

Contact IMSI for the tubing. Print the nose cone. Use G10 sheet for the fins and clone it. Fiberglass is plenty strong enough for any 24 mm motor you can put in it. (Maybe need to get into 24 mm motors :)) IMSI may make carbon fiber. Order enough (500'?) to make a bunch of kits and sell to Wildman. If only 1, Composite Warehouse has 24 mm G12 airframe. Call and find what is in stock. If none, go to IMSI. Contact Jim Hendrickson (Blacklack2564 on TRF). Don Ball has some of my 18 mm F motors and fiberglass airframes. He plans to use a TeleMini (fits BT-20) with 70 cm RDF and dual deploy. Flying in Michigan April 1-3. http://www.michianarocketry.org/michiana-rocketry-mayhem.html
Who is IMSI...google doesnt provide any info on them?

Troj...that linked 24mm motor reveal thread was such a hoot...remeber? 12 yrs goes by so fast..I turned 70 last week :(

Back