Wireless Speeds

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HyperSpeed

Reaction score
Has anyone had a chance to get on the latest 4G LTE networks?

These are Northern IL tests to local servers over Verizon Advanced LTE (or whatever) from a wireless device.

Chicago IL Comcast server:
6092681882.png

Cedar Rapids IA server:
6092687739.png

Geneseo IL server:
6092716990.png

Has anyone else had a chance to test Advanced LTE?

Last edited:
That's multi-channel aggregation on Verizon's LTE network.
You're not likely to get that once the system loads up...as you're not going to get three channels when more people are using it.

That's multi-channel aggregation on Verizon's LTE network.
You're not likely to get that once the system loads up...as you're not going to get three channels when more people are using it.

I think FredA is right on the money with the 3-channel description (120x3 = 360MBit). I was getting around 120MBit, then boom it unleashed into crazy high speeds. The thing is, they haven't went away. They have stayed over 300MBit, for me, but I'm on an unlimited account. Also, the upload side is very consistent where I am, always near 50-60MBit at my location, never much more unless I drive nearer the one tower I know I am pulling from--then it may hit 80MBit on upload, but never much more.

BuiltFromTrash, I think you may be thinking of in-home wireless at 5Ghz, where as this is cellular I do believe it's about 1.9Ghz.

Last edited:
Back