Wireless Launch Controller

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Guys, check out my new wireless launch controller I made up couple of days ago. Both the receiver and transmitter work on Atmega328P-PU microcontrollers. The only thing I am struggling now is to find a good long range RX/TX modules, at least 650 feet. Can someone recommend me a good ones? The current RX/TX I use now are those: QAM-TX2-433 and QAM-RX2-433.

IMG_9107.jpg

Our club uses xbee rx/tx for their wireless systems .

Hard to imagine not being able to reach 650 feet with 433MHz and those dipoles

The QAM-433 are a simple AM TX/RX pair. The encoding is too simple to arbitrarily send short burst data without having "capture" problems. You need to include a header and trailer that have a stationary DC value (same number of ones and zeros). And send two copies of your data packet, one normal and one inverted. This is a cheap way to trick it into Manchester encoding. You'll get 3x to 5x the distance with common whip antennas.

Guys, check out my new wireless launch controller I made up couple of days ago. Both the receiver and transmitter work on Atmega328P-PU microcontrollers. The only thing I am struggling now is to find a good long range RX/TX modules, at least 650 feet. Can someone recommend me a good ones? The current RX/TX I use now are those: QAM-TX2-433 and QAM-RX2-433.

View attachment 292327
Do you sell these ? Or the plans to make them ?

Back