Wire strippers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I looking for an easy stripper. What brand of wire stripper do you use?

I had a old Craftsman that I was using up until last fall that I really liked. Lost them at the field somewhere. Haven't found anything that I like as well. I have a somewhat expensive Klein that I don't like as well as the Harbor Freight cheapie that I bought. Interested in what others use.

0634363-24.jpg

The problem with fancy mechanical types is they don't allow extra finesse like plain olde pliers.

When the smallest hole doesn't strip phone lines and cat wires, just hold the pliers at an angle until it does.

I do really like those.
Another vote for those.

Unfortunately for me I wired up all the power and lighting in my basement (a several month project for me) before I learned about them. However, I've used them a LOT on my train table and my Jeep mods and they work great.

I have various, but Southwire brand is available locally and they seem to have 2 different versions of most of their strippers: Made in USA and import.

I'm not saying other brands don't have Made in USA options, just that locally, that's my option and I choose accordingly. They have been both comfortable and sharpened/drilled on machinery so that they strip the insulation cleanly, but don't nick the wire if used appropriately.

I'm sure there are other great options.

Sandy.

Back