Winter's Here!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKPilot

Reaction score
Tonight's the nite . . .

Sunrise: 10:14am
Sunset: 3:41pm

Currently: 16 degrees F and snowing
High Exp: 27 degrees and more snow

YES it has. 14 degrees here in Iowa at noon where I live. Will get below zero tonight and stay cold the rest of the week. Man I hate winter :mad: :mad:
Larry

Originally posted by akpilot

Can you send me about 6 inches of snow? I want snow for christmas..........

We had that cold snap, and are jsut getting out of it..

was down to -28°C (almost -40°C with the wind chill) and today, is a balmy -19°C (-29°C with wind chill) Shifting is still a two hand job! Driving And shifting gears that is!!

-40° is cold, and the same in either Celcius or Farenheit

And Santa's sled runners should slide nicely on teh 20-odd cm of the white fluffy stuff Bing sings about.

Of course, it is supposed to warm up a bit Thrusday(with freezing rain), then dip back to **not polite word**-ing cold for the week-end!

It is pretty though!

of light...
Joy!

so, you must spend a lot of time indoors, i'd imagine!
building lots of cool rockets?

It's feeling like winter here in FL too. We've had two cold fronts in a row come through here.

Today's low was like 39 degrees F.

It's also been too windy to launch any rockets, I really wanted to fly my new Estes SR-71 Blackbird that my best buddy gave me for Christmas but it's just been way too windy especially for a rocket like that one.

For all you northerners, keep warm. Heck, sit in front of the fireplace and build a rocket.:D

yeah right. 39F would be awesome right about now. lol. last year i went to the patriots vs. jacksonville game. it was like 6 degrees out. now THAT was a cold day to be outside. i think last years playoff game vs. the titans was also like 0 degrees with a -15 wind chill. heh. imagine playing in that crap. -15 almost warrants a sweatshirt, just to keep the doctor away. new englanders can take it.

weve had a few <20 deg. days in ny, but since were all dramatic city people we have to scream "and with the windchill factor it feels like 8 degrees! ITS SNOWING 1/8th of an inch!!! hide the children!!!"

Tonight's the nite . . .

Yuk!

We've had freezes here. Enough winter, I want summer back!

Luckily I get to go to Detroit for Christmas

DETROIT!..........:confused:

Man...what lottery did you lose!

Is it the Lions?...No that CAN'T be it...The Redwings...well, not this year...The Pistons...don't get ito any fights...

:D

Winter is my favourate season,i love driving rain and howling wind and i love really cold days.The coldest i have camped out in is -8.I really struggle in summer when i overheat really quickly:)

Tonight's the nite . . .

16 freekin' degrees????

heck, I'm calling my mom (in Anchorage), you folks are getting off too easy! These past 2 days I would have *killed* for 16 degrees! LOL

Of course, over the next few days it's getting near 50, then back to the big chill...

Don't like the cold anymore, but I really hate it when it doesn't include snow :) I love 4-wheeling up our hill past all the folks who don't know how to drive in it LOL

And the *scariest* thing to see on the road in New England in the winter? A car with Florida plates... oh man... :p

lol, thursday is going to be 50 degrees and raining, saturday, this is 2 days later, its going to be 8 degrees as a high and -4 as a low. WHAT IS THAT!?!?!?!?

Currently -3 F here. Next person to talk about global warming gets a Super Nova Payloader up their backside....sideways! :D

Heh, i talked to a guy in NH over the raido and he sid it was around 10 degrees there at like 3pm... We had a day a few days ago when we woke up to 10F but I don't know how cold today was... Probably the same. I have to walk to get to school, *^*%^$.

Dr. Wogz

-47 F on Monday. I was out skiing all day getting my L1 CSIA Instructor Course. I got my cert!

BRUTAL. SERIOUSLY CANADIAN!

:D

Sounds like Alaska is getting all our warm weather. Its a balmy 18 deg here in the Land of Oz.

Compared to some of you . . . we're having a heat wave up here! Now that's scarey, when Alaska is warmer than some of the lower states!

I've thought about doing night flights - at 4:00pm; maybe next week when I'm off of work. Until then, we're getting more sunlight now each day - 30 seconds more today - YIPPIE!!! I'd hate to be up in Barrow (Alaska) though, they had their last sunrise back in November. They're next sunrise isn't until sometime in January.

I remember someone I worked with doing the same course. Only, we was out west.. She was one of teh last to be removed during their 'remove stranded skiers from the chairlift' excersize. Freezing rain that day, typical for a Mt. Seymor early ski season.. (Vancouver, one of teh three 'north shore mountains') And she endured the three hour wait in the stuff!!

Where do you ski around Ottawa / Smith Falls / Perth?! There' sjsut cheese, chocolate, lakes, and woods!

Well, I FINALLY got the snow blower fixed (sucked in a landscaping brick!:rolleyes: )

We got 10" of snow last night there is a lull now...and we're supposed to get another 6" tonight!

Global warming!:mad:

Well we got about 12" of snow last night and the temp is dropping.
Looking forward to single digit highs over the weekend.
Yep, suppose it's winter alright.

Originally posted by KermieD
Currently -3 F here. Next person to talk about global warming gets a Super Nova Payloader up their backside....sideways! :D

Is that with or without the motor???

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!!!:D

we got the layer of ice last night ... couldn't get to work today and the doors were iced shut on the truck..anyway

yes global warming is a fact ... north america is just one continent in the whole vast scheme of things.

-9* here... -27* with the windchill ...
that's factoring in the "global warming" effect. ;)

You know, two days ago it was 47F here in Anchroage . . . so give it a few days and I'm sure our weather system up here will be south.
. . . now we're back to 8F

been below freezing all day here in Louisiana...

I actually saw a few snowflakes a bit ago when i was leaving wal-mart... (forgot to buy the CAT a present, go figgure!!) Last recorded snowfall here was 7 years ago.

funny... the flurries we are getting is coming from a storm coming IN from the gulf of mexico...

later
Jerryb

Back