Winter builds

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 13

Reaction score
The first launch of the spring is fast approaching. I am putting the finishing touches of a bunch of winter builds. All told I have 13 rockets waiting for first flights.

Most are scratch builds/clones, but I have a good collection of kits also.

4 gonnies: Orbital Goonieceptor, Goonship Vega, Goonielar, Goonskelion

3 clones: Estes Star Blazer, Estes Mini Shuttle, Estes Starship Vega

6 kits: Estes Saturn V, Estes Argosy, FlisKits Avalear, Thrustline Black Shadow,

Semroc Space shuttle, Semroc Hawk,

I also have my Mars Snooper clone that was returned to flight status and a BMS Invader clone that are not pictured.
It should make for a busy launch day.

What has everyone been working on?

WB.jpg

I've got a few waiting for paint.
Meteor Masher
BLU-97B
SWAT
0.59 downscale SWAT
0.33 downscale SWAT
Rock-it
Quest X-15
Custom Sam-X

I've also got a half-built goonie SWAT. Yes, I do have a fixation on the SWAT. :D

Mark,

Nice job on the rockets. The Estes Saturn V looks impressive. Have you decided which engines you are going to use in the Saturn V?

Best regards,
Brian

Definately want to hear how that Saturn V flies. I just bought the Commonwealth Displays 4 x 18, 1 x 24 mount for the Saturn V.

Winter builds:

Cobra 1500 clone
The Bat clone
SEMROC Firefly
SEMROC Mark
Dr. Zooch Soyuz
Estes Interceptor [18mm motor version]
MPC Microsonde 3
Estes WAC Corporal clone
ASP WAC Corporal [18mm]
SureFire Rockets X-19
SEMROC Astron X-Ray
Redstone Rockets....uh...I forget the name
Baby Viper III
SEMROC L'il Hustler

It's been a long winter.

Previously built and awaiting first flights:

SEMROC Saturn 1B
Nuebauer Orion II
Fliskits Paylord

:eek: I need a life!!

Last edited:
FooBag, any photos?
I'll try to get some up tomorrow. My personal camera died, so I have to borrow the shop camera from work.

Say, what is the rocket to the front left of the SaturnV with the plane-like profile and the USA decal on the side?

All great builds. I love that saturn V but the space shuttle and avalear also caught my eye :)
Good Job
Fred

I'll try to get some up tomorrow. My personal camera died, so I have to borrow the shop camera from work.

Say, what is the rocket to the front left of the SaturnV with the plane-like profile and the USA decal on the side?

Thats 1/2 of the Semroc Space Shuttle. The orbiter is on the right. It's an updated version of the Centuri Space Shuttle.

Thanks Fred. The Avalear is a GREAT kit. Simple to build and a nice clean design.

I'm getting down to details on the SV. Mostly just touch up paint, decals, and then balance her.

Estes Maxi Alpha 3
Estes CBU-87
Arc Shark

Also in various stages of completion, but not quite ready for prime time:

Estes Eagle Boost Glider (ready, but I forgot to take a pic - d'oh!)
Red River USS Prometheus
Estes Python
Quest Tomahawk
Estes Super Big Bertha
Estes Mercury Redstone

Maxi Alpha 3.jpg

CBU-87.jpg

Attachments

• ARC Shark.jpg
    ARC Shark.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 49
Thats 1/2 of the Semroc Space Shuttle. The orbiter is on the right. It's an updated version of the Centuri Space Shuttle.

Thanks Fred. The Avalear is a GREAT kit. Simple to build and a nice clean design.

I'm getting down to details on the SV. Mostly just touch up paint, decals, and then balance her.

Thank you regarding the Avalear :) Our goal there was to make a Skill Level 1 (beginner) kit that was easy but would teach you the fine art of cutting fins as a preparation for moving on to harder kits.

Estes Maxi Alpha 3
Estes CBU-87
Arc Shark

Also in various stages of completion, but not quite ready for prime time:

Estes Eagle Boost Glider (ready, but I forgot to take a pic - d'oh!)
Red River USS Prometheus
Estes Python
Quest Tomahawk
Estes Super Big Bertha
Estes Mercury Redstone
Love the shark :)
Cheers
fred

Here's a picture of my builds that are waiting paint. I forgot to mention the Stealth that I had also completed. As you can see from the half painted SWAT, I tend to do my own paint schemes. :p

stuff 002.jpg

Here's a picture of my builds that are waiting paint. I forgot to mention the Stealth that I had also completed. As you can see from the half painted SWAT, I tend to do my own paint schemes. :p
Your rocket why not your paintjob :) What is the rocket in the lower right hand corner of the shot?
Cheers
fred

Your rocket why not your paintjob :) What is the rocket in the lower right hand corner of the shot?
Cheers
fred

That is the 0.33 downscale SWAT. It's a BT5 min. diameter rocket. The nozzle on the back is display only; it has to be removed to install the engine.

I like that Meteor Masher! It's one of my favorite rockets to fly, when you have a good recovery team of course. The kids love chasing those bomblets.

Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out.

Ooh I can't wait to see your Stealth finished. I think that's a really cool bird and an interesting build, even with all the plastic. Dang I need to fix mine. :(

Embarrasingly, I've only built a couple of small rockets this winter. I've just been too busy with school to really build anything significant.

Embarrasingly, I've only built a couple of small rockets this winter. I've just been too busy with school to really build anything significant.

You can reat on your laurels for a little while :) You have the right priorities :)
Have you seen mach 7's sat V :)
Cheers
fred

I've had a busy winter building.
My list starting from late Nov to today.

Finished:
Launch Pad Exocet AM 39
FlisKit Thunder Bird and Adfecta
Semroc Tau Zero and SST Shuttle-1
Estes Interceptor E
Scratch Solaris (to replace the one I left in a tree) and Airy (24mm to 18mm two stage)

Being painted:
Scratch Regent (BT70 to BT60 with boat tail, mid power)

Waiting to be painted:
Semroc Taurus (to replace the one I also left in a tree) and Launch Missile
Pem Tech Kraken (also to replace the one I lost last summer)

Building:
Clone Centuri Bulldog

Back