Winter Arrives

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..... Give it a couple of days. .....
Arrived last night.

What a mess. Got about 1-2 inches. then early this morning it start to rain. Then rains all day. A mess. Most of the snow has melted.

Now getting a little cold, and everything is freezing up. Even worse.

I was sitting in short sleeves on the patio outside the Caltech cafeteria eating my lunch. Was a tad chilly but quite nice in the sunshine. Even the turtles came out of their pond to sun themselves on the rocks. I'll try to send some warmth Eastward...

Here on the CT shore, we got some very very cold rain.

I had to move a bed in this.

It sucked.

Here on the CT shore, we got some very very cold rain.

I had to move a bed in this.

It sucked.

Just wait until you see what's coming. We're waking up to 4 degrees, wind chill -14. Just a dusting of snow, though.

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...

Here, there's a foot of new snow inland, but right here along Lake Michigan, nothing at all. I expected to spend yesterday morning shoveling, but didn't have to.

Last year we had the opposite, with a 16" snowfall right along the lake here, and nothing inland. And I lucked out again - I was in Spain at the time, and it was almost all gone by the time I got home.

Here, there's a foot of new snow inland, but right here along Lake Michigan, nothing at all. I expected to spend yesterday morning shoveling, but didn't have to.

Last year we had the opposite, with a 16" snowfall right along the lake here, and nothing inland. And I lucked out again - I was in Spain at the time, and it was almost all gone by the time I got home.

I remember that, just a portion of Milwaukee got hammered but the rest didn't. Actually kinda neat weather wise...Especialy if you are over-seas when it happens!

Old man Winter hit us pretty hard, our first "Blizzard"...a full day o' snow blowing, shoveling and tackling my kids into snow banks at every opportunity. Gotta make it fun :)

It even got in the low 30's here in Southern California. The Arctic storm that blew thru here dumped some snow in the local mountains. There was just a fantastic picture in the paper, with the mountains in the background covered in snow, but everything else wasn't. That's why I love living in So. Cal, cause we get some breathtaking views. But you guys stay where you are, it's already too crowded here ;)

Here we have had highs of 25F and lows of around 8F for the last few days. We normally don't get these low of temperatures, so people have been having a lot of frozen pipes - I used to be a plumber and enough people know it that I've been out fixing broken pipes every day after work...

Here we have had highs of 25F and lows of around 8F for the last few days. We normally don't get these low of temperatures, so people have been having a lot of frozen pipes - I used to be a plumber and enough people know it that I've been out fixing broken pipes every day after work...

for a small rocket fee im sure ;)

Ben

:hohoho:Well, as miserable as 50 degrees and raining was yesterday, today's not so bad...80 and sunny.

83 and so muggy we
had to crank up the a/c....

Last time we had snow down here
in Tampa Bay, FL was like 20 years
ago and it lasted a good 5 hours....

:hohoho:Well, as miserable as 50 degrees and raining was yesterday, today's not so bad...80 and sunny.

83 and so muggy we
had to crank up the a/c....

violin.gif

MarkII

Back