Will work for Kosdon "Green Gorilla" propellant

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nite Builder

Reaction score
Having trouble still locating Kosdon "Green Gorilla" propellant for 38mm motors. Been searching the web, but can't seem to find anyone who still distributes this propellant in 38mm. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places. Any info would be appreciated.......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >>>=====> Fly High

AMW is the current manufacturer of Green Gorilla propellant. As the former Kosdon East, they developed the formula, at least for the versions that are flying today. AMW is not currently producing any 38mm loads that can be sold... but there is talk of producing some... how soon? I don't know... but it won't be till after the BATF thing cools down.

yeah, I dont think Kosdon makes green loads anymore, just Fast, slow, and Dirty Harry. The AMW 54mm loads are pretty nice though. Hard to light but the flame looks so cool.

Maybe someone has one sitting around and you'll get lucky.

Does anyone know if these loads are still certified?

Frank will still make a load for you, but generally it need to be a pretty big motor to make it worthwhile for him, and you would have to come out here to meet him, he wont ship propellant.

Attached is a pic of a Kosdon green P7300 that flew at BALLS this year. Keep in mind that the rocket was a good 2-300 yards away

P.S. as said by so many others before, pics can't do justice to the awesome green flame. It was almost blinding when you looked at the flame directly.

Kosdon does green stuff... ya just gotta call him...

805-642-1559

Tell him David sent you ;) He'll treat you real well. The only difference with the colored flame stuff is that you need a stepped nozzle and bulkhead to keep from burning up your case, that stuff burns REALLY hot.

Yeah, that green P was awesome... I was about 100 feet from it when they flew it :D Man it blew me away. And the little Spiderman that was underneath it started raining in pieces around me...

Wow!! Hey, thanks for all the advice guys!! I had a feeling there was still some sort of way to acquire this propellant, but didn't quite know how. I believe I will take your advice David and give Frank a call, and I think I will also step up to 54mm. That way I'll have some awesome propellant when I get done with L2. It will also make it worth his while to do 54mm instead of 38mm..................

There goes my tax returns~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >>>=====> Fly High

Back