Will we ever learn?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, only once in a blue moon, but still..... 4 inches close schools? jeez. Southerners wouldent know how to live in the north, and northerners wouldent know what to do with all the warm weather in the south! If it hits 70 in winter, how hot does it get to in summer!?

Here is something Olga sent me: (I hope this does not offend anybody)

60 above zero.
Floridians turn the heat on. People in New England plant gardens.

50 above zero.
Californians shiver uncontrollably. People in New England sunbathe.

40 above zero.
Italian and English cars won't start. People in New England drive with the windows down.

32 above zero.
Distilled water freezes. Moosehead Lake's water gets thicker.

20 above zero.
Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves and hats. People in New
England throw on a flannel shirt.

15 above zero.
New York landlords finally turn on the heat. People in New England have
the last cookout before it turns cold.

Zero.
People in Miami die - or return to Cuba. New Englanders close the windows.

10 below zero.
Californians go to Mexico. People in New England get out their winter coats.

25 below zero.
Hollywood disintegrates. Girls Scouts in New England are selling cookies
door to door.

40 below zero.
Washington DC runs out of hot air. People in New England let the dogs sleep inside.

100 below zero.
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. People in New England get frustrated because "the caah won't staaht".

275 below zero. (Absolute zero on the Kelvin scale)
All atomic motion stops. People in New England start saying, "cold 'nuff for ya?"

500 below zero.
Hell freezes over. Red Sox win World Series!

Originally posted by n3tjm

Zero.
People in Miami die - or return to Cuba. New Englanders close the windows.

10 below zero.
Californians go to Mexico. People in New England get out their winter coats.
[/B]

ROTFLMAO that is halarious

Dude, new Englanders are Tough as nails!!

Well, guys....... A little ice storm hit SC early Monday (1/26) ....... Our electric power came and went several times before it finally went off around 4:00 pm...... We were lucky to have gas logs in our fireplace...... Not quite as warm as the normal heat, but ok...... We have a electric pump on our well, so we were out of luck there.........

Early Tuesday we lost both our normal phone line and our cell phone........ Oh well, we still had a semi-warm house....... My plant shut down monday and tuesday..........

When I came home from work Wednesday night I found that we ran out of gas!!!!!!!! Time to leave........ A friend down the road had a gas logs and a wood stove.........

And then, I just came home a few minutes ago........ Electricity is back on........ The hardest part about this week was going 3 days without a shower.........

Now, I have a lot reading to caught up on........... good to be back.......

Loved the poem n3tjm . I still wore shorts to work today, high was about 75 and sunny, a great day to fly rockets. I don't know how you guys do it, but I don't think I could handle that cold. :)

Originally posted by Neil
HOLY COW!!!! THEY CLOSED SCHOOLS!? ... I gotta move to the UK, I really do... If they close school over THAT.... Jeez.
Then you need to move to NC. We got about 4-5 inches of snow on Sunday (that's right I said INCHES!) and they closed the schools for the ENTIRE following week! My kids have been home all week. There isn't even really any snow left! Their excuse is that the secondary roads still might have some ice where the trees shade the road or that the kids would have to step out onto the road because of the snow drifts on the roadside caused by the plows. It's crazy! I grew up in NW Pennsylvania and we never got off for snow.

All gone :(

Some rain today washed out whatever snow was left.

Back