Will me and my brother-in-law get arrested for this???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"No matter if it was fines... or time in prison... I WAS gonna push that button!"
Ky “Rocketman” Michaelson

Before judging me and my brother in-law you might want to watch this awesome 8 minute film.

Lots of truth here.

Yep and he has been permanently banned from all organized rocketry activities for ever, if I remember right.

For a rocket launch? Are you serious? There's a good chance that even a small rocket will be picked up by IR sats in orbit and then you're potentially starting World War III.

I hate to be a buzzkill but you really can't proceed with this on the basis that you think it's legal without getting any kind of official recognition that it is. IMHO you are certainly running the risk of spending a long time in jail, at best, and potentially screwing up amateur rocketry for all of us in the process, if not also causing an international incident.

Yeah this dude’s never heard of sub launched missiles. All those mil sats gonna like go extra zoom mode on that little barge when an unannounced big rocket flies off it....

I thought this thread would be locked or deleted by now. o_O

So how about now? Moderators, are you asleep at helm?
(<--boat reference!)

PS: we already know who he is and have alerted the authorities. EOL.
Yeah. I was hoping we could talk this guy out of doing this stupid stuff, but it seems he's just trying to come up with the most outrageous things he can think of, just to push our buttons.

Mods, where are you guys?

If he gets paperwork from governments or finds a way to legally safely do this sh*t... I’m like as long as you don’t hurt others. But if your just gonna go out there in the ocean and mash a button there’s a good chance a navy will think it’s an attack. Or it could hit an airliner. Or it could kill our hobby completely... people can trash talk that Ky guy here. How he’s banned. At least his team and him got approval. How about trying to contact a military moa where the navy uses live ordinances??? And do it there with their permission.... As long as they aren’t just lobbing it skyward no care for others man...

Yeah. I was hoping we could talk this guy out of doing this stupid stuff, but it seems he's just trying to come up with the most outrageous things he can think of, just to push our buttons.

Mods, where are you guys?
This is one of those cases I really hope it’s a doofus troll and not some actual nimrod who will do it consequences be d*mned. You never know in this world. And I would hope TRA and the FBI are looking into this. If it is a troll it possible took my trolling or cnorm trolling to a complete new level of annoyance and stupidity. I mean I don’t even think that Clark math guy was THIS nimrod like... My bet is if the USCG, FBI, DOJ, FAA, and etc can’t nail him. He’ll somehow get a domestic terrorism charge for basically disturbing the peace tranquil airways, the shipping navigations lanes, and etc with a public safety hazard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back