Will be away from TRF for awhile

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowhunter

Reaction score
I wont be on for awhile but feel free to email me and I might hop into chat once in a while but ALL chat Power is given to CarlT. But to those who has brought me to this to this choise GROW UP but Ill be back, when I really dont know but Ill have plenty of pics. But I will Wait a few days for the inmature ones with no respect to ones family or wife to appoligize. I appoligize to all the Mods for this But I want to at least give them a chance

:confused:

I must have missed something - and to be sure, the absence of banter that would drive someone away is one of the things I truly appreciate about this place. It is unique in that regard among the internet forums I frequent.

At least, that has been my experience. It's a shame if yours has been different.

Every member of the "TRF family" is missed when they are gone - I hope that the difference(s) you have with whomever are quickly resolved and you can come back to share in everyone's enjoyment of our hobby.

sounds like a chatroom issue ,

I agree building rockets is a good spirit lifter
looking forward to some more pics Bow!

Bowhunter, whatever happened dont let it/them win. If you feel you need time and space so be it but please stick your nose in here from time to time.

David

I know the hunter in this pic has a gun but the thought is the same.

David

bowhunter: **** if I'd let anybody bother me enough to leave here......stay and play....ignore stupid people....

Allow me to echo the sentiments here. I certainly hope you stick around, particularly after learning what this is about.

Yeah! Stay here!!! We need launch reports on the Cramraam!!!

Let me step up here and, once again, explain to people what this forum is all about. This note is not for the productive members of our community. TRF has always had and hopefully will always have a wonderful family. No, this note is for those who think TRF was built to serve them and that the mods are paid servants that should just shut up and serve.

First a little note: Bowhunter, while not having the title, is a representative moderator of TRF. With his own time and energy he got chat working and, along with Carl, has moderated the chat and attempted with blood, sweat, and tears to keep chat up to the high standards of TRF. We owe him a huge debt of gratitude. In the following rant, when I say moderators, I am including Bowhunter. When I mention TRF I also include chat.

What TRF is: A forum built to provide a community of people who love rocketry a place to gather. A place where people young and old, new to the sport and experts can come and discuss their love without fear of being embarrassed by personal attacks or private discussions that have no place in a family forum. TRF teaches the new, learns from the experienced and entices the curious.

What TRF is NOT: TRF is not an open forum for you to bring your dirt. It is not a place where you can treat others with disrespect or talk in a manner that you cannot talk at home. It is not a place to bring illegal behavior or berate anyone for legal behavior. This is not a brothel where your every need is met.

The moderators work very hard to keep this forum up to the standard any family forum should have. It is a very high standard and my hat goes off to each and every one of them. They take no money for this and require no kudos. When they censure or call someone out it is always to keep the integrity of the forum. They do this with great pain and much discussion because we want everyone to have a say regardless what the say would be. When they get slapped in the face for trying to keep up the standards that is when the forum stops being fun and becomes a hard task.

Now, many of our members understand this. For 90% of you, TRF is what it is supposed to be (Thank you). However, every once in awhile a person speaks up who I swear does not understand. So, I'm going to try to break this down a little further and then I will shut up.

Members - No members, no forum.
Chat - Bowhunter runs the chat and has done a great job. No Bowhunter, no chat.
Moderators - Moderators have done a wonderful job moderating the forum to the high standards defined. No Moderators, no moderation, no forum.
Admins - Milo owns the hardware and software and I own the domain. We run the forum. Without us there is no forum.

We are all interdependent. Recently every person in that list has been "attacked" by various members. If these people leave because of that attack, then there will be no forum. So the message is, the people in that list want the good people in the forum to discuss rocketry. All you other people who are here to create havoc can go away. We will keep the forum. You will start to feel the vise as the moderators and admins take back the forum. We have never disabled accounts from specific users but we may start.

End of rant.

Wow, there must be a lot more going on than I have noticed. And I had no idea Bowhunter was working on the chat (probably because I hadn't participated there is a while :eek::) Anyway, I hope he returns to the forum as I have enjoyed his contribution, even where I have not commented.

Originally posted by PGerringer
This is not a brothel where your every need is met.

And all this time, I thought there would be some kind of reward for participating?

I feel that the people who run this forum does a wonderfull job. I sure hope that some of these people who take shots at them does not run them away. I have got started int rocketry with this forum and I have also started a rocketry business with help of the forum. I know there is other members of this forum who have started business and do not know if they would have with out this forum. This forum maens alot to most of us and will mean alot to alot of new members to come.

In short lets not let a few people run the people off that run this forum off because I know I would miss it

Tom

PGerringer:

It is a testament to the hard work that you and your fellow moderators do that I, as an avid reader and participant of this site, have not noticed these "attacks."

I guess I'm saying that I appreciate all of the work you guys do.

Perhaps I was a tad naive to believe that those who are out there to "create havoc" just didn't come here - because they are on *every* other board I've ever read.

The good thing is most of us have no idea what this is about.

The bad thing is most of us have no idea what this is about.

I, like many others applaud the Moderators for the work they do. No, I don't always agree with their decisions. However I do accept they are working in the best interest of the forum as a whole.

I do think that perhaps they may be getting a bit taxed and as this community grows, should consider recruiting others to help out. No matter how hard you try, you can't please everybody and those few that are not happy with anything will wear on your soul. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt.

If volunteers are needed my hand is up.

I want to close on a positive note

Phil, Carl, Milo, Kermie, Jase, Ken, Mark, and I gess Bowhunter:

You have my sincere appreciation for providing this service.

Powderburner,

And all this time, I thought there would be some kind of reward for participating?

Your avatar shows you have accumulated 1,679 Rocketry Forum Points. You may exchange those points directly for extra altitude - 3 points per meter - on any launch of your choosing. Or, if you prefer, you may trade them all at one time for a TRF Gravity Credits. Every 1000 points gives you 0.5 an extra meters per second on one launch.

:) for the humor impaired.

Originally posted by rocket trike
I feel that the people who run this forum does a wonderfull job. I sure hope that some of these people who take shots at them does not run them away. I have got started int rocketry with this forum and I have also started a rocketry business with help of the forum. I know there is other members of this forum who have started business and do not know if they would have with out this forum. This forum maens alot to most of us and will mean alot to alot of new members to come.

In short lets not let a few people run the people off that run this forum off because I know I would miss it

Tom

Ditto! [/rant-on]The mods here work their socks off trying to keep this forum having a nice , friendly and posotive atmosphere! I despize people who take shots at the people who work here , maybe they would like to do a mods job for a day and see if they like getting shots taken at them and see if they like it :rolleyes:
Bowhunter , please do not go , dont let some idiot spoil your fun :kill:

And Im another member that has gained 99.9% of my knowlage about Model Rocketry and other additions of this hobby from this very forum. Without this place I wouldn't of got this far in this wonderfull hobby , so I salute envolved in making such a marvelous forum :D
[/rant-over]

We are a family....
We are friends....
We help each other out....

You know how many times someone Pm's me, e-mails me, or IM's me from this forum. And I always give an answer.

And vice versa

I had a question for someone here who owns a business... and th question was about a product... but the response was less formal... more like a friend telling you about something

We are family

I went to NC last April. TRF 2004. BEST launch I ever been to... met a lot of the guys for the first time... but it felt like we knew each other forever

We are family

I don't understand why anyone would want to ruin a good thing?

online communities can be hella strong...

heck, ive got more friends online than i do in the real world lol

ive seen more posts on forums where people are really close friends. if anyone is familiar with TWL and -=pjw=- (God Bless) you would know what i mean

dunno whats goin on but i hope it doesn't get out of hand

Originally posted by cls

Your avatar shows you have accumulated 1,679 Rocketry Forum Points. You may exchange those points directly for extra altitude - 3 points per meter - on any launch of your choosing. Or, if you prefer, you may trade them all at one time for a TRF Gravity Credits. Every 1000 points gives you 0.5 an extra meters per second on one launch.

I was wondering is there any trade ratio for boost-glider lift?

It is a serious thread, however, lets get back to enjoying ourselves. Bowhunter may need a bit to heal from the jack@$$ who took a shot at him. We can all be here as support, but let the man rest a bit. If I read his post right someone poked at his wife or family. Whoever it was should be adult enough to apologize or the mods should bounce them for good.

Alright folks...arm yourselves. Get out your torches, pickforks, and axes and let's clean house! Any turds runnin' about and you'll hear it from me! :kill:

I love this place. When I'm at work, I'm at TRF. When I am at home, I am at TRF. When I visit Hawaii or some other state, I am at TRF. When I'm on the pot, I can't wait to get back on TRF (after washing hands of course.) When I am at a TRF Annual meet, I am *with* TRF. When I eat food, TRF gets some (through my keyboard). When I build rockets, TRF builds them with me. If I gain a few pounds, it's because TRF put them on me. When I buy rocket stuff, it's because TRF told me to. I have a new digital camera - I think TRF told me to buy that too. At some point in my life I will go mental, it's probably because TRF is no longer around...this folks is the bottom line - if TRF goes away I will lose my mind and hunt you down! :mad: :D

Originally posted by eugenefl
When I'm on the pot, I can't wait to get back on TRF (after washing hands of course.)

What? You don't print out threads to read in the reading room?

:p

lol

Sounds like someone needs a laptop with a wireless LAN...hmmm...

"TRF the Book", 6 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list! Soon to be a mini-series on FOX! :D

Seriously, the only place worth the bandwidth. It's what I tell everyone who wants a truely friendly informative place about all things rocketry.

No one "loves" a law-giver as the only time you're really *aware* of them is when they are on YOUR case for something. It's a thankless task for the most part. 99.9% of the time they are working on other things just so YOU can enjoy the comfort of this place we call TRF. Out of sight, out of mind, as it were.

Well, I'm not a moderator or admin here, but I *have* been for other forums and news groups. I *know* what they're doing day to day.

I don't envy them, that's for sure, but I *do* appreciate and thank them.

Thank you

muchly

I did receive an appolgie and so its droped but thank you all for your support and Ill keep the chat room up and going and doing it in a proper manner. I am very happy that you all feel the way you and like I said Thankyou

Back