Will a broken TeleMega still light up?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voyager14

Reaction score
Hi all

I recently got my hands on some used TeleMegas and EasyMegas. I've been testing and some of them are good, some I'm not entirely sure. I have a few TeleMegas (oddly haven't seen this problem with EasyMegas) that won't show up on AltOS, nor make any beeps on startup. They only light up the red LED.

They aren't wired besides the battery, jumper, and USB. The batteries were tested and working with other TeleMegas.

Any ideas?

Can we get close up pictures of the front and back of them? they could be getting power but something else could be damaged.

Not the Telemega but I've got a TeleGPS v1.0 that's behaving the same way. It burns the red LED when I plug in a lipo but doesn't transmit or appear for connection in AltOS. I've got it configured for APRS alongside Altus FSK and it's doesn't make a peep.

Hi all

I recently got my hands on some used TeleMegas and EasyMegas. I've been testing and some of them are good, some I'm not entirely sure. I have a few TeleMegas (oddly haven't seen this problem with EasyMegas) that won't show up on AltOS, nor make any beeps on startup. They only light up the red LED.

They aren't wired besides the battery, jumper, and USB. The batteries were tested and working with other TeleMegas.

Any ideas?
There is a LED on the TeleMega that can work even if it is otherwise completely brain dead. It indicates that the battery charger is active, which works independent from the micro controller.

Reinhard

Back