Wildman's new kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WILDMANRS

TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Wildman Hobbies is please to announce the release of the WILDMAN Jr.

59 inches tall 2.1 inch diameter

The kit contains

Fiberglass booster pre slotted 2.1 inch diameter 30 inches long

Fiberglass payload 2.1 inch diameter 18 inches long

Fiberglass coupler/altimeter bay with switch band total length 7.25 inches

Fiberglass motor mount tube 38 mm. 8.25 long

Fiberglass nose cone 5-1

3/32 Fiberglass fins (3)

Fiberglass bulk plates cbp(2) bp(2) nc(1)

Wood centering rings 2.1-1.5 (3)

Welded 1/4 eye bolts (3)

1/8 quick links (3)

Sheer pins

Plastic rivets

This rocket was designed for everyone from the Mild to the Wild.

And it will fly on anything from an F motor to the longest 38mm J motor

This kit is totally modular. You can fly it single deployment or dual deployment, which ever you prefer, by just removing a quick link and moving the parachute and nose cone.

Once again Wildmans puts their money where their mouth is and backs this Kit with a Lifetime guarantee* .

M.S.R.P.

$99.99

Wildman is taking preorders for delivery beginning the first week of March.

Only $79.99** to the first 20 customers

And an added bonus of Kevlar shock cord to the first 20 customers

*If the rocket fails after building per their instructions with the proper glue after their inspection, Wildmans will replace it free of charge.

This does not cover Motor failures and deployment failures.

** + shipping and handling

0026.jpg

Gotta have one...

...#258 on build pile...

Yes, I'm a rocketholic...

I really like the 'Wildman' design. Should be a workhorse. 7.25" ebay w/band opposed to the normal 6" plus .093 fins. Ordered this afternoon...

I just couldn't resist, there goes another New Years resolution, I wasn't going to buy anymore kits until I had built what I had.

Can't wait for mine to show up... It will make a good ship for my altimiter before my L2!

And Tim - You know you don't have to answer the phone at 10:30 on a Saturday night, but I'm glad you did!

Ordered mine yesterday after reading the article over on RP..LOL! Should have called Blackjack and see if he was up there and REALLY saved on the shipping!LMBO

Looking forward to getting it!

well Jon, looks to be a race in the future.
I also order one, great price even after shipping
you just know that Crazy's Jim has to have one too!

looking at making some sorta of Decal package for this bird :D

Should make a good companion for the Little Dog that's on the bench now. I imagine Tim's sold out the first 20 by now.

I know his message was only 15 minutes old when I saw it and decided to take the plunge.:D

Al

I ran out of the first 20 within 24 hrs.
I am continuing the sale but for 89 the rest of the week
Thank you
Tim

Have they shipped out Tim? I ordered mine as soon as I read the article over on RP..:D As you can tell, I am anxious to get mine!..LOL

I got a call from Wildman's - they're shipping today. CANNOT WAIT...

I ran out of the first 20 within 24 hrs.
I am continuing the sale but for 89 the rest of the week
Thank you
Tim
Tim,

You ran out because that's a heck of a lot of rocket for the money. As somebody else said, it's a fiberglass rocket at a cardboard price.

I'm really hoping to get mine so I have enough time to assemble it before a launch next weekend, I want to play. ;)

The first 20 went out yesterday
They went out in order of time placed except i had 2 cc declined and no return calls they moved down the list .

Last edited:
The first 20 went out yesterday
They went out in order of time placed except i had 2 cc declined and no return calls they moved down the list .

Hey
Came home from working a long A$p day , on my Birthday, to find a box wait for me from Wildman, Best birthday present ever, of course it was from ME!
A Wildman Jr. :D

all in great shape, but I did find the remains of a CD ( most likely the instructions ) Hey I put PR rockets together with none. :)

but if some can email me a copy, if
Tim don't mind

:p

Yeah I just got my JR today and I can't open the file on the disk it comes up as jibberish.

Yeah I just got my JR today and I can't open the file on the disk it comes up as jibberish.

I was just told that it's Word 2007 format, not many people have that, maybe a nice PDF format would work better. If I get a converted version I will make a PDF copy to hand off.

You think your copy was hard to read, mine was in pieces!:eek:

Ok I figured it out, download microsoft word viewer and then download the file converter it should open with no problem.

Hey Luv2launch

No hijacking here :cool:
Andy what kind of AGL did ya get with the Hyperloc 835 & I218R

Thanks Snoman

Hey Luv2launch

No hijacking here :cool:
Andy what kind of AGL did ya get with the Hyperloc 835 & I218R

Thanks Snoman

According to expert eyes on the field it hit about 2000 feet, it didn't have an alt on board for that flight but the next time it will go up on the same motor it will so we'll see what it does then.

For mounting the fins it says to add chopped carbon to the epoxy.Where can one find chopped carbon I have been seaching some places on the web and can't find any place that sells it.This is going to be my first FG kit so i want to make sure all the joints are strong.

Where can one find chopped carbon I have been seaching some places on the web and can't find any place that sells it.

Wildman sells it. The small jar he sells will last you many lifetimes. He has two diffferent strand lengths. I prefer the smaller as it breaks up in the epoxy better. I think it's about $5-$6, but that was about 1 1/2 yrs ago when I bought mine.

here's a pdf file of what I doing with the decals so far.
What I plan with this bird is always going to be fast, like J something motors, so Flames just came to mind.

I just may start a build page here on this just for grinds and giggles, just waiting for the cabon fiber.

View attachment wildmanjr.pdf

Last edited:
here's a pdf file of what I doing with the decals so far.
What I plan with this bird is always going to be fast, like J something motors, so Flames just came to mind.

I just may start a build page here on this just for grinds and giggles, just waiting for the cabon fiber.

Thats kinda funny cuase I was thinking it needed flame decals too.

Back