Wildman Holiday sales

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the MW stuff come in? Near as I can figure from your reports that's probably all my order is waiting on.

I just returned from Wildman's today, picking up several orders for members of the St Louis Rocketry Assoc. with many kits as well as motors. Got to meet Tim and Jackie, who are very nice people. Got the cook's tour, packaged up the boxes and loaded up. Frozen Tundra up there!

Now in St Louis, begins the Wildman Annual Cabin Fever Build Fest 2021!

I just found out yesterday the local UPS depot temporarily does not have a hazmat inspector .
So the haz packages have to be taken to another depot at night and that adds a business day to all of or hazmat shipments. What makes it worse is if you track it , it doesn’t get scanned as picked up until It gets check by the haz guy the next business day .I am sorry the delay ,but it’s completely out of our control .

Tim,

You might consider setting up an account with Fedex. I am certified to ship hazmat with them and they demand that they pick up your packages at your location. They won't even allow you to drop them off. They have two forms that are required. One is their OP900 which is an 8 part form they give you for the asking which the software prints out. The other is printed at the end of the day when you close your shipping manifest which is their OP950. You sign 3 of the 8 part form and the OP950 which is a listing which shows all the hazardous materials you are shipping for the day. You keep a copy of the 8 part form, paste one by the label and give a copy to the driver. The other 5 parts go into a see through envelope that they also supply for free and is pasted to the box. It's pretty easy to comply with their rules. You might consider giving Fedex a look just for backup and contingency reasons. The best part is when you print that label they know to come next day. No need to ask for pickup.

If you have questions, ping me offline.

I just found out yesterday the local UPS depot temporarily does not have a hazmat inspector .
So the haz packages have to be taken to another depot at night and that adds a business day to all of or hazmat shipments. What makes it worse is if you track it , it doesn’t get scanned as picked up until It gets check by the haz guy the next business day .I am sorry the delay ,but it’s completely out of our control .

Tim,

You might consider setting up an account with Fedex. I am certified to ship hazmat with them and they demand that they pick up your packages at your location. They won't even allow you to drop them off. They have two forms that are required. One is their OP900 which is an 8 part form they give you for the asking which the software prints out. The other is printed at the end of the day when you close your shipping manifest which is their OP950. You sign 3 of the 8 part form and the OP950 which is a listing which shows all the hazardous materials you are shipping for the day. You keep a copy of the 8 part form, paste one by the label and give a copy to the driver. The other 5 parts go into a see through envelope that they also supply for free and is pasted to the box. It's pretty easy to comply with their rules. You might consider giving Fedex a look just for backup and contingency reasons. The best part is when you print that label they know to come next day. No need to ask for pickup.

If you have questions, ping me offline.
Hi Pete
Thank you for the info ,however when we started the business we started with FEDEX and soon found out that the ground drivers are all independent contractors.
Evidently we didn't ship enough to compensate for the distance they have to travel everyday to pick up at our place.
They were skipping pick ups randomly with out reason unless they had a drop off .

Guys we are shipping out orders as fast as we can .
Please be patient with us .
Carbon tubing and blue tubing should be here late this week or early next .
The pile of motor orders I posted last week is now all shipped .
We are working on pulling the next batch to be shipped .
Thank you
Tim

I save them in case I have to ship something. They are ridiculous what they charge if you buy them.

We do the same, within reason. If I end up with "too many" I take them to the local UPS Store - while they end up profiting off them, at least it helps keep them out of the landfill.

Of course, most of the time, I pick my orders up from Tim & Jackie at AirFest, so it's uncommon for them to ship anything to me.

There should be a bunch of tracking numbers out there we have shipped over 125 packages since Thursday .
We are not done yet but we can see the light at the end of the tunnel .
The last of the CTI is stuck at the border .
The last of the Aeropack is in the mail
the Hardware is almost done .
I think we have all of the fiberglass.
Thank you for your patience.
We hope you all think the savings are worth the wait.

There should be a bunch of tracking numbers out there we have shipped over 125 packages since Thursday .
We are not done yet but we can see the light at the end of the tunnel .
The last of the CTI is stuck at the border .
The last of the Aeropack is in the mail
the Hardware is almost done .
I think we have all of the fiberglass.
Thank you for your patience.
We hope you all think the savings are worth the wait.

I still have two big orders from the Black Friday sale out, looking forward to getting them!

Any guesses if CTI will come in by Red Glare?

And yes, the savings are worth the wait, thanks for stocking our motor piles!

Back