Wildman Holiday Sales

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly, I was unable to get online due to family obligations, and missed to sale window. Any other sales planned for the near future? Namely for a M1315 and possibly a few 38mm J's.

I think most agree that Tim & Jackie are a class act! I have found they often go very far to please their customers. Also, unlike the competition, they are always available on the phone to respond to technical questions. The only concern I have is that there is ONLY one such Wildman sale per year. I hope that the 2 of you eventually get some time off to recuperate.

Fred

For me,.I was busy with family on wednesday night. I bought some of the same items today slightly higher prices. Do I feel ripped off? No, I'm thankful quality products were offered at discount prices from a great vendor!

Same here, I was shopping Wednesday evening while the Fam watched Netflix. I managed to stock up on 38mm motors.

After looking over my reload inventory I should have picked up a couple of reloads. Other than that it was a great sale.
One of my inventory management strategies this year was to leverage the 40% discount on 38mm motors and purchase 38/600 through 38/1080's that I can use in my 4" birds that have 54mm mounts. A 38/720 J500G cost me $43.76 on Wednesday (club price) and provides 723 total N-s. On Saturday, a 54/852 J460T (805 total N-s) cost $55.99. The 82 N-s difference is not a deal breaker for me, and yes the pyrotechnics are different, but I like saving the $12.23 for an equivalent flight.

It always seems that the Wildman Black Wednesday/Saturday has a steep learning curve. A few things are on sale to Wildman Club members on Wednesday night. It’s over when it’s over. Lots of stuff is on sale on Saturday with lower prices on some stuff for club members. The sale ends at noon. Deliveries start when they start. It might be spring before you get your stuff, even though you already paid. It’s a great sale. Tim and Jackie are among the best in the hobby.

All of this is true. However, given the fact that hundreds of us have been to the Club Sale and BSat rodeo year after year, there is no need for anyone new to discover the playbook. The key is to ask lots of questions if you have not made prior year purchases. There are no nefarious motives behind the pricing and access. There are no secrets. It is all clear. If you plan to spend more that $300-400, join the club. Join the club in advance (I suggest at least a week). Check your email and keep your pulse on the TRF postings. Inventory your motors and kits and everything else in advance so you know what you want/need. If there is something you want on Wednesday and it is being offered with special club member only pricing, buy it, don't wait. If you are a club member, and an item you want is NOT being offered at special club pricing, wait until Saturday. You are a club member you are at least guaranteed the basic minimum club discount. You have nothing to lose (at least with respect to motors since this is a pre-sale and not subject to inventory). Sometimes there are inventory limits, for example the Missile works RRC3 altimeter had a limit of 25, the Mini Mach offered Wednesday had 4 available. On Saturday the Rocketpoxy 2 pint kit was added for a sale price of $25.00 with a limit of 60, and 4 sets of the LDRS SPECIAL HARDWARE were offered for $200 each.

Purchases made Wednesday and Saturday are combined for HAZMAT and shipping (or in my case pick up at a launch site). You should keep this in mind and ask questions. There may be cases where your schedule will not allow you to participate in one or both events. If that is the case, reach out to Tim in advance.

Last edited:
Thank for the great sale Tim!

Personally I appreciate any savings passed on by Wildman. No I don’t maximize every penny when it comes to hobbies or it wouldn’t be enjoyable for me.

This was my first year taking advantage of Wildmans sale and in retrospect I wish I’d spent more but there will be no regrets when I’m paying regular club prices later in the year. Tim’s club prices are usually better than anywhere else anyway. Plus the fact that anyone who’s dealt with him knows he’s a genuinely good person.

My first box has arrived.

The last items won't appear until AirFest, where they'll be put to proper use. :)

-Kevin

My Ultimate Dark Star and other goodies have shipped today. Excited is an under statement

Received my Goblin and some nosecones on Saturday. UPS is working overtime to get Tim's boxes delivered. (I think this is the first time UPS has ever delivered to me on a Saturday)

Happy Holidays Everyone!

only issue I have with the ultimates is the motor tube is only 2 feet long, I made mine 42"
OA-77QUlVguItKsLTGezu-5YHnUCFitWSleaGC16O1lgYNj-3hDMyTQF7-fqcLV_iL5H6H3-0aR6KYYRfwyvvoFOMKXF_rTA4diN6tkKTNgAWdfVQdvhIuXgPgJnrGxd6Tkea-Q3hoT03MqUM6TRYlcFN1XVuBzi0iuFcrRpzoaqo3dcxS6UxKzUJtgaKds2v5gY9nB7M1C2p41dmVjkopTWO7HYatCtxF7MpRkZWsurlfZYLgMP8wIeV6kXr5IOOjpGI2OMzf5zxbZ9r-0gft-wxWj3anQTH0vMU9aBMA5tbhPLYR9xbRC7H8WSHnhBY3EtGEdo-Gx4dajat8GvgAJpQId4Q_MhM9eF6oEPwyYdliAo7VZiBmiQR3_nryhs6kGU8ab1UofrIWsttKb1rS5T81FvEtSL8X1q92jzAGIACSIcSh5QTMjyjDlm894dQB5Mft80FvOckEVVO_gZAvfd7qWROhyc2ht6Q5VDWcv2enWwJgjpRBGP6CpLuPK99KqLc_-01rtiPexGljB9K6loNxeb7jeSi5tD8MO3ipHjRtvjTT-V9CUD9mQ_3GZ0bb0-E3ooamPofXTmPkD8q_raO-3ofDIYvXLKzmTSa4-N4vPXJ2lKyGpuJJLmm2iFhgojZJFgrKO0LLHGecDuoiCKfbbxMNGLTJAxXPdWwJ4ze7xmCVjnptE=w1062-h1886-no

Unless you're flying a hybrid or some other motor that needs support further up, that long of a motor mount isn't necessary.

That said, it's your rocket and if a longer motor mount makes you happy, then so be it.

-Kevin

2 reasons
my arm is not long enough to reach way down there to attach shock cords
I plan on 48" long motors

the 48 inch motor is the longest I can put in it until I add another 2 foot section of body tube so I can put in the 60 inch motor
but that is future plans
adding 2 feet would give me the possibility of a 72 inch motor

Just an update folks
I’ve been down since Saturday sick .
I finally broke down today and went to the doctor , a mild case of pneumonia . So nothing will be going out this week .
We did just receive a bunch of holiday orders from the manufacturers so a bunch will start shipping next week.

Just an update folks
I’ve been down since Saturday sick .
I finally broke down today and went to the doctor , a mild case of pneumonia . So nothing will be going out this week .
We did just receive a bunch of holiday orders from the manufacturers so a bunch will start shipping next week.
I hope you feel better soon!

Get well Tim, had pneumonia once upon a time in the military. Take care of yourself and make sure you are completely well before you ignore the docs orders like I did. :sick:

Back