Wildman Demon 150; anyone?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StreuB1

Reaction score
So the Wildman holidays sales are upon us and I have decided to step up to a 6" rocket, 4" hole.

I drive a Civic so transporting a Wildman Ultimate kit is not really possible but I am pretty sure I can make the Demon 150 work. I have the Demon 5 and it fits so I am thinking its possible....

So my question is, has anyone else built this kit? If so, please share you experience and if you did anything different. Any tips or tricks? Any issues? What was your finished build weight? What size chute did you use?

I am also planning on picking up an L2500ST for its first flight and an M4500ST for Airfest. What did you fly yours on??

Do you have a build thread or pics? Please post them!

I have searched on my own and it seems like no one has built this and posted anything about it!

As I mentioned above, I have the Demon 5 and just flew it this past weekend on an L1520T and it was an awesome flight. I expect the 6" version to do just as well.

I don't have the 6" Demon, but I do have a Darkstar Ultimate. I have flown it on an L2500 to about 4200 feet. Great motor. It would really get a Demon off the pad in a hurry!

Bump

Anyone??

How about a 6" Punisher?

I have (2) pieces of 6" Wildman airframe (48" and 60") and a 6" Wildman FG NC that I would like to use. The Demon uses a 48" piece and the Punisher uses a 60" piece. I am having trouble getting the parts from WM at the moment but I think thats due to being so busy. Was hoping to work on this over Xmas break but that doesn't look like its going to happen. So, anyone with input, I would love to hear it!

Part of me thinks I should have just bought an Ultimate Wildman as the member sale price was $400 and a Punisher is just a Wildman with no DD and different fins (I believe.....).

Bump

Anyone??

How about a 6" Punisher?

I have (2) pieces of 6" Wildman airframe (48" and 60") and a 6" Wildman FG NC that I would like to use. The Demon uses a 48" piece and the Punisher uses a 60" piece. I am having trouble getting the parts from WM at the moment but I think thats due to being so busy. Was hoping to work on this over Xmas break but that doesn't look like its going to happen. So, anyone with input, I would love to hear it!

Part of me thinks I should have just bought an Ultimate Wildman as the member sale price was $400 and a Punisher is just a Wildman with no DD and different fins (I believe.....).
What are you looking for?

What are you looking for?

I was looking for some input from anyone who has built this kit. Just to see how they built it and decisions they made. Also what their weight was so I could pick a chute for it. I was hoping back in November to have the parts to build this by the time I take vacation next week as I didn't want to sit around doing nothing while being off. I was thinking that maybe the tail cone was a pain to cut so I was thinking that maybe a Punisher wouldn't be as difficult so was thinking that maybe that would be an option. I haven't seen anyone post pictures or a build page of the Demon 150 or the 6" Punisher so thought I would ask.

Just looking to build my first 6" kit that isn't enormous since I don't have a truck. Since I am always alone at launches, and lugging around an Ultimate Wildman by myself is likely impossible. I figured a Demon (or a Punisher) would be easier to handle alone.

Last edited:
Is there a build thread on this?

Unfortunately no; though I could make one but it more or less would just be lots of pics! lol.

Prepping ejection charges literally right now for its [hopeful] maiden flight on Sunday....if the weather turns nice for us.

Are you looking to get one or build one?

The best kind of thread!

Good point........

I will take lots of pics tonight as I get ready for Sunday and then get everything compiled and will put something together.

Its not completed yet, errrr, its no painted yet. Don't need paint to fly though!

Will include my ejection test videos with charge values as well as this is always something people rarely post about.

Unfortunately no; though I could make one but it more or less would just be lots of pics! lol.

Prepping ejection charges literally right now for its [hopeful] maiden flight on Sunday....if the weather turns nice for us.

Are you looking to get one or build one?
I am trying to find a rocket for level 3 but only fly a max of 7,000 ft.

Both is fine, but with recover is ideal. Believe most recovery systems for this would be within 6-8oz of each other and that’s a push when flying an M in a 6” rocket

24lbs dry (with electronics, batteries, and charges, not taking that all out)
28lb 4oz with all the laundry, cords, nomex, etc.

Using an Ultimate harness from Teddy, Cert 3 XL main, Skyangle 20" drogue, Wildman 24" blanket and 48" nomex sleeves next to the charges.

Love it!!!

Gotta say WM has the best looking nose cones goin right now. Have seen many and the are dead on awesome. Believe the 4” 6-1 is the best on the mark regardless of size.

didn’t mean to hi-jack, just looking at your rocket made me think of that.

I've flown a few times on different motors. Flew it on a 7600sparky ex motor in Princeton and it did about 6-7k

I flew it at Airfest on a 17,500ex motor to just over 20k

Back