Wildman Darkstar 2.6" New Build Help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LANZA COLINA

Reaction score
I ordered a 2.6" Dark Star kit with the 54mm motor mount from Wildman during the Holiday sale and am super excited to get going on it when it arrives. On Wildman's site there is a RockSim file for the 3" version but since the 2.6" is new there isn't a RockSim file yet. Anyone out there got a RockSim/OpenRocket file for this rocket kit?

I know how it feels to be eager to start before the kit comes. I've found it useful to build the sim file as I build the rocket. I start with each piece as I wash the fiberglass and dry fit every thing, create the sim, and then updates weights as I go to account for the added epoxy. I always find that my finished weights never match anyone else's and sometimes the dry weights have small variances.

With each of my last builds I built them in OR prior to starting to build the actual rocket and plan to do the same with this one. I weigh each component, measure sizes and thicknesses so I can build it out exactly as I am going to build it IRL. I will typically modify my rockets a bit from the build instructions so I don't plan to blindly use the file above, just get general info from it so I can plan out what additional parts I need to complete the build.

Thanks everyone who has responded on the thread above! :)

Back