Wildman 5" Punisher Build Video Series

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dig it!

do you have an idea of what the final weight w/o motor will be? guessing 20 pounds "ish"
Probably somewhere in that range.

I'm still situating what parachute and electronics will be in it. Believe it or not I managed to lose a Missileworks RRC3 Sport, but I know I have it around somewhere. My constant commutes between my house and my parents' place with rocket parts opened up a black hole, evidently.

I'm trying to decide if I want to build the electronics bay to use the same sled as the 3" and 4" since I made those interchangeable. At the same time I'd like to be able to have more than one rocket ready to go at a time. Decisions, decisions.

Braden

Last edited:
I have had good luck packing the most of shock cord in cone 1st than the chute. Some flyers hook chute to avbay bulk plate than it has to deploy
Yeah, that's what I do, too. I've had luck with it on my 4", but my 3" and this one don't like to play along. I'll get it figured out. I guess it means I'll just have to fly it some more. I think I can live with that.

Braden

I've had luck with it on my 4", but my 3" and this one don't like to play along.

Fwiw I've had deployment issues even with standard DD on the two 3" builds I've done. Fine when ground testing, different story in flight. It seems a tricky diameter to get right.

Great build, vids and flight anyway.

When you ground tested the main, was the chute in it?
Yep, though it wasn't packed very tightly as I was just trying to get the volume correct for testing. It was almost out on the actual flight as I took time to pack it small, but still didn't quite cut the mustard. It's honestly light enough that I could drop a foot on the chute size and it would still be around 25 FPS landing. A little quick, but not as quick as it was with only the drogue!

Braden

Back