Wild and Weird Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonshiprider

Reaction score
I'll assume that this message belongs here.My appologies if it doesn't.Tonight 9/8/04 at 8:00 p.m. on the Discovery Channel is a show called Wild and Weird Rockets.The info says it's in Kansas so it's probably Argonia(?)

No kidding... That's 1 of the 3 shows from LDRS last year that flyrockets.com held that fundraiser to buy advertising for! Not to mention they were just plain excellent to watch! Somehow I accidentally deleted those shows from my DVR :eek:

Wild & Weird Rockets will be on twice tonight (8:00p & 11:00p) & again on Sept 11 @ 1:00p.

The second show, Supersonic Speed Demons will be on Sept 15th & 18th.

No dates are currently scheduled for the third show :rolleyes:

Thanks for the heads up :D :D

I'm still really bummed about the fact that the show was never put to DVD or VHS for consumers to purchase. I've called their 1-800 number and even been to the store numerous times to get info about purchasing a video transcript - no such luck. I guess it's the premium paid for cable subscriptions that entitle one to cool shows such as this. :(

I guess it's the premium paid for cable subscriptions that entitle one to cool shows such as this.

Or!!!

To people like me that have a neighbor with cable!:D

So...how do I make a copy of a tape?

I have all three shows on one tape...with commercials!

The only way I know of to make copies of a tape is to hook two VCRs together.Also,some libraries offer this service.

On RMR, Chris Taylor was making copies on DVD, with commercials edited out. He was selling them for the price of the DVD and shipping. You may drop him a line privately (quite a stink was raised about the legal stuff), and see if he can still do one for you.

Originally posted by astrowolf67
On RMR, Chris Taylor was making copies on DVD, with commercials edited out. He was selling them for the price of the DVD and shipping.

A hundred years ago you could shoot someone for stealing your horse......I miss the old days. ;-)

Originally posted by Chuck Rudy
A hundred years ago you could shoot someone for stealing your horse......I miss the old days. ;-)

You still can. Just don't expect to not get some jail time for it. ;)

WW

Wow! I just finished watching the show a few minutes ago! Those rockets were CRAZY! Love the CO2 deployment idea for the high flying rocket!

Originally posted by wwattles
You still can. Just don't expect to not get some jail time for it. ;)

WW

I don't know, I've seen quite a few people get away with shooting thieves and receiving no jail time. Some have even been lauded by law enforcement. :)

Back