Why No "Major" Rocketry Events in Colorado

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COSTransplant

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, definitely a NOOB question, but with Estes and Apogee -- and I suspect other model rocket suppliers here in Colorado -- I'm just wondering why I don't see any MAJOR rocketry events here in the state. And if I have missed the list somewhere, please point me in the right direction. Thoughts?

While not an annual, SCORE has hosted NARAM a couple times and the Alamosa club hosted an NSL a couple years back. Alamosa also commonly hosts Spudnik, a potato lofting event (with a lot of extra flying on the side). SCORE also hosts Chile Blaster each year.

Major rocket events are constrained by clubs who are willing (crazy enough?) to host them. SCORE in Pueblo hosted NSL in 2013, then NARAM-56 (2014) and NARAM-60 (2018). As I understand it they had done both NSL and NARAM before that as well (before I came back to the hobby).

As noted by Steve the folks in Alamosa hosted NSL in 2021 (after it was canceled in 2020 by the pandemic) and they are hosting "NSL West" next May as Rob said. (I'm going to have to miss that one — too many other events vying for my rocket time/travel money next year, unfortunately.)

Chile Blaster and Spudnik are the clubs' own events, rather than national NAR events.

Back