why is it so hard to ship rocket tubes?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjphoenix

Reaction score
I just got my order in for main parts for 2 builds I'm working on. I ordered 2 pieces of BT70 and 2 pieces of BT80, all 4 pieces came crunched in multiple ways. The shipping box wasn't perfect but that doesn't explain all of the damage. I think the tubes where damaged before they were packed for shipping. One of the builds I can salvage by piecing 3 good sections of tube together, the other one I'll need to buy more tube.

I just got my order in for main parts for 2 builds I'm working on. I ordered 2 pieces of BT70 and 2 pieces of BT80, all 4 pieces came crunched in multiple ways. The shipping box wasn't perfect but that doesn't explain all of the damage. I think the tubes where damaged before they were packed for shipping. One of the builds I can salvage by piecing 3 good sections of tube together, the other one I'll need to buy more tube.
Who did you order from, how was it packaged?

My triangular-tube shipments from BMS have always been perfect.

Reach out to the vendor and see what they can do for you.

Best

Fact is that many rocketry items, including kits and tubes, are cheap enough that it's often worthwhile for a vendor to simply toss them in a box and replace them if there's a complaint. Happily, some vendors are a bit more rigorous.

I thought it was Italian.. (or Spanish..)
Fra-gee-lay!

fragile a christmas story GIF

I got my replacement tubes in the mail yesterday and they were perfect. They were packed a little better and the outer box was not damaged by the shipper.

I got my replacement tubes in the mail yesterday and they were perfect. They were packed a little better and the outer box was not damaged by the shipper.
Awesome! Who is the vendor that stepped up and made this right for you? :)

This thread is useless without identifying who the vendor is and what mode of shipment was used.... just sayin.

Nothing can be learned. Step aside folks, disperse please.

I'm not gonna rock the boat because they deliver my motors in the middle of the night sometime, with no signature or anything. It's like Keebler elves just apparate them onto my doorstep.

When Ed LaCroix (sp?,) owned Apogee, they had 'blackshaft' competition tubing. My order came with a perfect size 12 bootprint right in the middle of the box complete with tread pattern. Box full of black cornflakes. Ed made good the whole order again. No problem. Always respected and admired him for that. Tim has transformed Apogee into what it is today. Last I heard Ed worked for Gary at Aerotech. I know he's still alive as he posted when Gassaway passed.

Always go back to the vendor and see what they can do for you. If you can, document the condition of the box when it arrives with a couple of photos of different sides. Do the same again when you take the package out of the shipping box. Immediately do an inventory of the models package to make sure all parts are there and that nothing is damaged. Then package it all back up until its time to build. If you had any broken or missing pieces, get in touch with the vendor ASAP and send them your photos. The quicker you do this the better the odds you will have a positive outcome in your favour.

I had two separate incidents with eRockets recently.

1) On an order being shipped to Canada. Unexpected Courier Brokerage fee for $75 CAD on a $200 CAD order. Duty was $0 and Taxes were around $27 CAD. Randy was surprised and upset with the Courier and offer to go halves on the brokerage fee with me. I declined but thanked him for the offer. Its not eRockets fault but I loved the way Randy runs his business and tries to make things right.

2) The rocket from the previous order arrived in an undamaged box. However, upon unpackaging, there was a rip/cut in the middle of the model rocket bag. When I open the bag to take inventory I discovered that a coupler tube was missing, and that all the 36" long balsa sticks and sheets that had been bundled together were broken in roughly the same spot. After a bit of miscommunication, Larry at eRockets got in touch with the vendor and I received replacement components for all missing and broken parts.

While these two issues were annoying, I also realize that they are not eRockets fault and that they were dealing with a third party which makes things harder to make good. My hats off to the eRockets team for the job they did for me, the excellent way they run their business and the way they look after their customers. I look forward to shopping with them again.

Back