Why is Foxfire now insisting this side is NOT secure?

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Can one of the owner of TRF Please confirm or deny that TRF is a Secure web-site? Foxfire is now showing this site as unsecure and suggests NOT using this site.

I as a long time (Life Member) am quite concerned by this. Has anyone else seen these Foxfire warnings?

rharshberger

Reaction score
Can one of the owner of TRF Please confirm or deny that TRF is a Secure web-site? Foxfire is now showing this site as unsecure and suggests NOT using this site.

I as a long time (Life Member) am quite concerned by this. Has anyone else seen these Foxfire warnings?

I too have seen the warnings near the login box on Firefox.

asheriff

On the Sod
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Chrome and Firefox are adding a "Not Secure" message to any web site served over HTTP rather than HTTPS. Initially any page with a password or credit card field will show a "Not Secure" message when focused on the password or credit card field. In the near future (next 6 months?) any page not served over HTTPS will get a big red "Not Secure" message in the browser address bar. More info:

https://blog.mozilla.org/security/2017/01/20/communicating-the-dangers-of-non-secure-http/

I doubt anything has changed on TRF. Rather, browser vendors are getting aggressive about promoting HTTPS.

Last edited:

Sparky

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
It's because in Jan. Chrome/Firefox declared 'Not Secure' any website not SSL that has a login. SSL is a bit overkill for a forum but regardless we will have SSL within the month on TRF'

That's the answer from the owner and tech about his Firefox issue.

modeltrains

Reaction score
The Large Scale Central model train forum had same thing the other day so I had to ask there - yep, same answer. Computer things stress me out pretty much instantly and that's been the case since the 1980s.