Why is daytime TV so incredibly bad?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I remember those days, we also watched Wonder Woman, Bionic Woman, 6million dollar man, Emergency, Chips etc. All well written and family freindly. Not to forget, every time HeeHaw was on we watched it, great stuff).
There was plenty of absolute trash on at the time as well, but we've mercifully forgotten most of it.

There was plenty of absolute trash on at the time as well, but we've mercifully forgotten most of it.
Most of what I listed was the 70's, and yes there was some crap, TV IMO really started to decline in the 80's though. The 80's movies were better IMO though.

if you have worthless pieces of crap like Dr. Phil on TV, then that's the sign that Society has become extremely ignorant and easily entertained.

American TV in general is garbage...besides the "reality" shows, soap operas, and talk shows, most of the network programs are just so over the top and cheeseball. I'm glad I cut the cable years ago and mostly watch British shows. They are much better written, acted, storylines are better, not every person on the show looks like they just won a beauty contest. We started watching the re-boot of CSI -Vegas, they try too hard with the puns, ugh it's like cmon. I know there some decent shows, but most of them are just pure crap. I watch David Muir mostly and sports on regular TV.

I have been retired for 6 years and if I have watched a total of a few hours of daytime TV in that time I would be surprised. How many divorce courts, paternity courts, awful hosts (Maury, Jerry, Dr. Phil, etc.) can there be? There can't be that many stupid, unprepared people for Judge Judy to yell at day after day. They have to be actors using a script.

I was never a big Oprah fan, but at least she had a show that was watchable and didn't insult your intelligence.

All we have is one of $10 antenna's stick pinned to wall.
Daytime TV for me, if I take time to watch, is ME-TV.
Old Western shows starting at 11.
Gunsmoke, Raw Hide, Wagon Train, Wanted Dead or Alive, The Rifleman, etc.
Today's so called reality shows are just garbage, IMPO. It's all fake anyways.
I wouldn't even call it entertainment.

If you like Andy Griffith, Thunderbirds, Star Trek TNG, and a bunch of other older shows and movies (Support Your Local Sheriff!🤣), Pluto TV is free and has stuff on On Demand. Too many commercials of course. Good thing that a Mute button was invented; they can force me to wait thru commercials but they can't force me to listen to them...

Best -- Terry

If you like Andy Griffith, Thunderbirds, Star Trek TNG, and a bunch of other older shows and movies (Support Your Local Sheriff!🤣), Pluto TV is free and has stuff on On Demand. Too many commercials of course. Good thing that a Mute button was invented; they can force me to wait thru commercials but they can't force me to listen to them...

Best -- Terry

Yep. We have two TV remote controls in the living room. That way one of us can hit the mute button lightning fast. No more commercials that begin with sirens, telephones ringing, doorbells, crying babies, spilled drinks, stupid themes, or someone screaming. All gone!

If commercials were funny I would watch them. Instead, I turn the sound off and look at my 55 gallon aquarium until my program comes back on.

Back