Why does it take so long to get thru Starfleet academy?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huxter

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Because you have to take 2 years of button learning!

Can anyone tell me what any of these buttons do? Can you tell which is a button and which is an indicator? What does the panel on the left do? Right? Rocker panels? What are the different colors for? What station on the bridge do these panels belong to?
2 years minimum!

which_bridge_panel.jpg

How 'bout flat inline panels, soft menus w descriptions, holographic menus...?

Can anyone tell me what any of these buttons do? Can you tell which is a button and which is an indicator? What does the panel on the left do? Right? Rocker panels? What are the different colors for? What station on the bridge do these panels belong to?
2 years minimum!

View attachment 517398

No GUI interfaces. Looks good but is horribly out of date. Lipstick on a pig.

Apparently they didn't have a Hal 9000... they may have decided that certain functions were too important to leave to AI.

2 years minimum!

View attachment 517398

Given post title I was thinking it was because they had to review basic spelling, then I realized you are talking about a game;)

Dang-it - I did not see the extra r in the title! (Fixed title) Not a game, but more a deep dislike of those controls. Makes me want to program the panels (ie ops panel) over again. Has anyone designed a better/functional interface to how the ship is controlled? Maybe in practice or functional? Maybe a top menu, navigation menu... maybe even w labels! :)

Last edited:
Back