Whoops, cat slept on my Wizard kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grimlock3000

Reaction score
I have a couple of kits I have been saving for a rainy day so I left them still sealed in the packages in my computer/hobby room. One is a Stormcaster that I got an E motor mount for, the other is a Wizard. The Stormcaster will be my first MPR rocket, and the Wizard is a replacement for my first "real" model rocket (not an E2X). This morning, my cat decided to knock my Wizard kit on the floor, then sleep on it for a while to flatten out the body tube :( Upon finding this in the morning, I just had to open the kit to open the package to inspect the damage. The tube was pretty flattened, but I kept rolling it back and forth on a table and finally got it back to a somewhat round shape. At that point, I had no choice but to go ahead and put the rocket together. I went together so quick, then I had no choice but to prime, sand, and paint it as well. Here is my current flight crew (not including the Qubits that I leave in my car), the paint on the Wizard is still drying:

3r.jpg

:D

Hey Grimlock...

You think you might have a slight chance of recovering it...

All things said...it HOT PINK!!

(/sarcasm mode)

:D :D :D

Cool rocket!

Jason

My first Wizard pink, so I am continuing the trend with the second one in hopes that it will be easier to recover :) Here is the original Wizard after its very first flight, the fin broke off on a tall grass landing because I was a newb and did not attach it right:

r2.jpg

Shortly after that, I lost it for good when I attempted to launch it from my parent's yard for Mother's Day. Minimum diameter rockets and less than 1 acre for recovery do not mix.

The pink on this second Wizard is much brighter because I used white primer this time. I hope this one lasts longer than two flights, but I have boxes of C6-5s waiting to be used :p

Originally posted by grimlock3000
My first Wizard pink, so I am continuing the trend with the second one in hopes that it will be easier to recover :) Here is the original Wizard after its very first flight, the fin broke off on a tall grass landing because I was a newb and did not attach it right::p

sand...Sand...SAND!!!

How I miss the launches in sandy Florida. Kentucky mud just does not compare...

Patrick

Ya know, when a pet does something as heinous as this, its time to get even. My suggestion to repay this felonious kitty - an extra large dose of Catnip, and a teasponn of peanut butter..

If that don't tickle your fancy, scotch tape on all four paws, worth about 2 hours of hysterics.

Ok, ok, so I was gonna suggest launching the furball into low space orbit, but I adore animals, so this has to be the next best thing. 8)

Lmao!!

I launched my Wizard yesterday at UKRA on a C6-7 and it just carn't handle them! This is it's 2nd flight on a C and both times it goes to around 20-30feet and spins around.More noseweight?
-Karl

Karl, I've sent mine up on C6-7 and it no trouble. Try swing testing it.

Back