Who wants to MOVE to the Mars?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not me, but... In a way, it's not that different from the people who migrated from Europe or Asia to North or South America a century or two ago. In both cases, it will take one's life savings to go and you won't expect to come back. Even my wife's great-grandparents who moved to the PNW from Ohio around 1920 only made it back to visit once or twice.

“There are so many strange places I’d like to be, but none of them permanently.”

I’d go. Spending the rest of my life on a new planet? Being one of the first generation of colonists? Absolutely I’d move to Mars. If I could choose, I might prefer a Luna colony instead but either will do.

I’ve been waiting to move off-planet since 4th grade.

I could see the appeal for some people. Maybe someone who has no family or real friends? Maybe someone who has experienced enough of life to wonder what else is out there? Humanity has always had adventurers, explorers, and pioneers for one reason or another.

Last edited:
I'd go, but only if I can bring a life time of rocket motors. Hazmat fees would be a bitc*.

I’ve told my wife a few times I’m goin’ to Mars, and she keeps telling me, “No, you aren’t!”

Before I give my answer, what's the ratio of women to men in the local populace there?

I'd go, 1-way trip. I have tons of family and lots of friends and I'd miss them all dearly but I'd go without a second thought. The chance to be one of the first on a different planet is well worth it.

Back