who sells black powder in new jersey

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look for a store that specializes in muzzle loaders. There is only one store in Western Oregon that sells FFFF, so you may find it isn't that common.

Drive into PA and get some at a dicks sporting goods or the like.

Black powder can be difficult to find as few people use real black powder any more. You should have no problem finding Pyrodex in stores, but it works differently than black powder. You can use either black powder or Pyrodex for rocketry ejection charges, but black powder is easier to use and more reliable. Get black powder if you can. I got mine from a guy who has a muzzle loader. Keep in mind that there are storage requirements for black powder if you use it for anything other than muzzle loaders; and this includes people who have muzzle loaders.

If you have to use Pyrodex you need to make sure it is contained so that pressure builds up enough to eject your parachute. Just search this forum for how to use Pyrodex.

If you have a ball mill just make your own, it is easy or find some firework guys and maybe they will give you some.
Skylighter is a great source for chems and instructions
Bill

NJ is not a gun friendly state. Guessing you'll have to cross state lines to buy it.

Check your local laws about posession and storage. Your homeowners insurance may also have some prohibitions as well.

Where in NJ are you located?
I have several large cans of #FFFF blackpowder which I purchased for rocketry purposes. If you are nearby, I could sell you one.

Back