Who sells 3/8" paper launch lugs?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeRoc29

Reaction score
Yeah I'm old fashioned. Not a fan of brass. Last pair I bought we're from Red Arrow Hobbies.

DeeRoc, I smiled and chuckled when I saw your request...LOVE IT! Hey, I still have a 3/4" lug on my second high power bird from the 90's! ...and 3/8" lugs on my L1/L2 bird from the same timeframe...though they were brass.

On a source note, I believe Semroc has or had something in that size range. I recall them at one time...maybe coming with the clone kit for the original Mark II. It was a thick wall big lug...larger than 1/4", smaller than 1/2". Let me search a bit...

Make it,,,
Get a 3/8s dowel wrap some wax paper around it (for realise), cut up a cereal box wrap and glue Walla you've made a 3/8 lug
Easy-Peasy

Thanks everyone, and Eric for the Semroc source. I'll give those a try. I still use my own 3/8" rod on a couple of old birds.

Eric, yes the Eso flew great at NSL. Can't wait to crank it up at XPRS on 12K Ns.

Attachments

• 20190608_112802(1).jpg
    20190608_112802(1).jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 69
"T-4" tubing from Balsa Maching Service (also E-Rockets has similar). It's thin-walled and flimsy (like a smaller version of a BT-5). BUT, you can wrap 3/4 oz or 1.4 oz fiberglass cloth around it a few times, brushing on thin epoxy as you go, and make it as sturdy as you want to. I do it with a tube way longer than needed for the lugs (always some scrap near the ends), and then cut to lengths after.

I am about to leave for work but I did have time to check my stash of stuff. I have a couple of sets of Acme Conformal Launch lugs new in the package. Private message me and I can send you a picture.

Here is a picture of the two sets of Acme Conformal Lugs. They can be made to fit other tubes. Let me know if you are interested. 20190619_140512.jpeg

Back