Reaction score
Anyone know what these are?

20170904_174455.jpg

20170904_174451.jpg

ksaves2

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Not a P6K. They're not that. I think there was a kit in the way bygone days possibly by "Gee Wiz"? A fellow gave me a bag of parts that had a construction article in it the he never started or completed. I'll pull it out as I have the article still in there.
It was a kit version of a commercial and updated design the came out later. When I get home, I'll find it and report back. The thing here is the builder was to consider perf board hard wiring and the picture above looks like a home made or
low production single sided PC board. Kurt

ChrisAttebery

Reaction score
It looks like the ROL Altimeter project. I still have a couple boards that I had made and then never finished.

JoeG

Reaction score
I have three transolve altimeters and a timer and these do not look like any of them. One was built by John and the others were kits. They are still fully functional. I just don't use them any more.

JohnCoker

Reaction score
The only rocketry electronics with discrete components I've ever seen where my first ones, from Transolve. That said, these don't look like what I (vaguely) recall my units (T2s?) looked like.

ksaves2

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Not a P6K. They're not that. I think there was a kit in the way bygone days possibly by "Gee Wiz"? A fellow gave me a bag of parts that had a construction article in it the he never started or completed. I'll pull it out as I have the article still in there.
It was a kit version of a commercial and updated design the came out later. When I get home, I'll find it and report back. The thing here is the builder was to consider perf board hard wiring and the picture above looks like a home made or
low production single sided PC board. Kurt
I dug out the bag of Parts out in the garage and it had the instructions in there along with the altimeter parts. The instructions are in there and what I have is a scratch-built RRC2 collection of parts. Apparently missile Works published instructions to build the altimeter. I don't know if what Tony has is someone's iteration with custom circuit board or some other device. The missile Works instruction show hardwiring on perf board. A date on the bill of parts said 2005. Kurt