Who is Matthew J. Stum

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't get that program to load on either of my computers (WinME and XP)... keeps coming up with a VB error (COMDLG32.ocx). Anybody else having the same problem?

WW

Originally posted by wwattles
I can't get that program to load on either of my computers (WinME and XP)... keeps coming up with a VB error (COMDLG32.ocx). Anybody else having the same problem?

WW
You'll need to get the full installation zip then...

https://www.42nd-dimension.com/rocketry/templates.html

I'll probably be re-writing it soon... will require the .NET Framework, however :(

Originally posted by Matt Stum
I'll probably be re-writing it soon... will require the .NET Framework, however :(

Matt,

Is there any chance that you could configure the next version of Template Widget to use paper larger than standard letter size (like legal or even 11x17) so that the Mitre Template can be used with 4" diameter tubes? Thanks!

Originally posted by lalligood
Is there any chance that you could configure the next version of Template Widget to use paper larger than standard letter size (like legal or even 11x17) so that the Mitre Template can be used with 4" diameter tubes? Thanks!
More than likely. However, you can do that now if you have access to a PostScript printer, or are able to convert PS to PDF for example. The web page I referenced earlier has the original version of the programs that were written in PostScript. You just have to edit it with Notepad to change the parameters. It will automatically detect the paper size being used during printing or conversion.

Man, I miss programming in PostScript.... sigh....

If you have Adobe Acrobat, you can use Distiller to print out to a .PDF. I then open that in Adobe Illustrator to adjust them, stretch them etc.

shrox

Originally posted by shrox
Thanks again for "Template Widget"

Shrox
You're quite welcome. :)

To be honest, I really didn't realize that it was being used by anyone. I wrote it for myself and eventually decided to stick it on my personal rocketry website for the fun of it... which hasn't been updated or officially linked to for several years. Even so, I didn't assume there was any traffic other than family and friends. Cool.

I don't even have the original source code (other than the PostScript versions)... and seeing mention of it here is what has made me think of re-writing it again in VB.NET (I'm supposed to be learning it for work, so this is a good learning project).

Back