Who has won something from/thru EMRR?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How Many Times Have You Won on EMRR?

• 0 - Never (but I don't play)

• 0 - Never (don't know why)

• 1 Time

• 2+ Times

Results are only viewable after voting.

EMRR

Reaction score
Thought it would neat to see how many TRF'ers have won something from or thru EMRR...

Tell us how you won it?

Tell us what you won (and when you will review it :) )

Show us a picture.

-or- just ping the poll.

Enjoy!

I feel like I win something every time I visit, Nick!

Between the new reviews, the old ones, the DESCON archives,
the RockSIM files, CP database, and tips- how can you lose??

Thanks for all you do to keep EMRR a valuable resource for the hobby.

I've won lots, although i don't enter competitions to win, but more to play and to pit myself against some of the excellent modellers out there (one day i'll produce something that's better than Ray King:eek:)
I've been in the yearly challenges for 4 years, and have come, silver, bronze and finally gold last year (still waiting for the gold prize to be sent to me -america to UK shipping can take ages), and i have won some of the smaller competitons, like the design this spaceship and video competitions etc.
To be honest, it's the depth of resourses on the EMRR site that is the real reward.
I try to give something back by offering up some prizes and some cash now and again.
i do wish that the users of EMRR would at least offer some time up and vote on the many competitions that Nick has to offer.

Last edited:
I've been a part of the EMRR challenge and won calendars but also won (prizes but not first or even fourth) several of the contests within the EMRR challenge. Right now I've gotten so busy I've not been building much of anything.

I've never entered a contest so I can't win there. I've been in lots of the drawings for submitted reviews but thus far nothing.

I don't do it for the prizes.

I did, once, for the into the blue contest:p

well placed somewhere?

Last edited:
I have won twice! :D The first time was quite a fluke! I had submitted a review of a rocket on the 'hot' list, and got lucky enough to have my name drawn from the pool for the quarterly 'shopping spree' of the vendor of my choosing..Placed a big order in to Fliskit's- it was great shopping with OPM!;) AND this was with only ONE review equaling ONE entry beating out Chan who was burning up his keyboard knocking out reviews left and right!:eek:

Second time I won was for placing(I think) 10th in the Box O'Parts 2008 competition! Got an Applewhite saucer..I got the 29mm Scimitar..

Sorry to say, but lately I haven't been to EMRR as much as I should:eek:..Time constraints, yada yada yada..:rolleyes: However, I do appreciate all the work Nick is pouring into the website, and am glad to have him provide such a valuable resource to the rocketry community!

Thanks Matt, but you won in March - I am going to try to out do you in April if I get it done. :D

As for EMRR - All I can say is Thank You NICK!!! The contests you and the EMRR team provide are great. If it wasn't for the EMRR contests pushing me into new things like vacuum forming, fiberglassing, clusters and now staging - my wife wouldn't have anything to complain about. Her favorite is vacuum forming in her oven.

Thanks Again,
Ray

I've won twice. The first EMRR Challenge had a "design a paper rocket" as one of the challenges. Art Applewhite put up a separate prize for the best paper rocket and I won.

The review and plans are on EMRR here.

I got a set of 24mm saucers and they have been the most fun. I can fly them with F24 reloads on the smallest of fields and always get them back.

The second time I entered one of the photo contests. There were 10 prizes awarded and I won a Thrustline Black Shadow. It's a nice looking kit and I have moved it up in the build queue so that I can fly it this summer.

I had the pleasure of meeting Nick at NARCON 2009 last month. He did mention that I have a lot of flight logs with no reviews so I owe him a few reviews along with my thanks for maintaining such a wonderful resource for all of us in the rocketry community.

I had the pleasure of meeting Nick at NARCON 2009 last month. He did mention that I have a lot of flight logs with no reviews so I owe him a few reviews along with my thanks for maintaining such a wonderful resource for all of us in the rocketry community.

Likewise... it is fun to put names to faces... we had fun looking up a few of your submissions on the "EMRR on Disc".

Thanks,
Nick

Last edited:
AND this was with only ONE review equaling ONE entry beating out Chan who was burning up his keyboard knocking out reviews left and right!:eek:

I think that might be the best strategy. In the last drawing, I was way out in front again in terms of number of entries, and even sitting in the room when Nick did the random selection (sitting right next to the woman that did the pick). I was something like the name right above and right below the winner on the list.

I don't do it for the prizes either, but jeepers--I think that's something like 3 in a row I've had the most entries and never gotten the big giveaway. Of course, when you've built/flown that many, what's left to spend that prize money on?:eek:.

I'm due for a lucky break, though--our plant's shutting down in 60 days and I'll be cutting waaaaaay back on discretionary spending.

Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier.

I've won numerous times, twice in the Descons for ridiculous rockets, once in a photo caption contest, and twice in the video contests. My usual response to winning is to place an order for other stuff with the vendor who was kind enough to donate the prize at the same time they send the prize. I also donate to EMRR and try to support the calendars.

Nick has done an awesome job with these contests. Thanks, Nick.

I won recently for the hit list submission, and it was announced at NARCON this year. The funny thing is I had no idea this was even a possibility. I really enjoy the EMRR site, and I just want to contribute to it.

I was shocked when Nick set me the email, and can't thank him enough. EMRR is a priceless resource for this hobby, and I'm very grateful to Nick for providing it.

I have won something exactly 2 times. The first time winning was for placing in the box of parts contest last year with my Spaceshiptwo entry. I chose Spacecad as my prize. The second time I won a Pemtech Kraken for the tip submission promotion. Haven't really used the Spacecad. Seems the defacto around here is Rocksim, so I use that most of the time. Love my Kraken! Just finished it recently.
Kraken thread

I haven't submitted anything in quite a while. Really should. Like they say about the lottery, "have to play to win".:)

Only entered once and scored second place in a photo contest. Photo was my son holding a flight crippled rocket allegedly claiming no responsibility. Got lucky on the prize selection and chose a Red Arrow Black Brant II. It was built and flown for my L1 certification flight. Below is a shot of the lift off.

Black Brant L1.jpg

Back