Who has free shipping?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 447594

View attachment 447596
As in the example. Why is it AT can ship the same kit for $13 verses the cheapest rate that Apogee offers @ $30? With a total price difference of $50. They both have employees working for them and they both have warehouses? Lets not forget you are also paying $30 more on the kit from Apogee because you have to pay for his overhead. AT has overhead too. I'm here to support the hobby and vendors, but I'm not stupid enough to buy from TVM. You get the same kit for less than $169 if you become a member at WM. Sure you pay $30, but that's a yearly membership and allows you discounts on everything on his site in addition to pre BSS items. I never had any issues with shipping from WM and if I had any questions they were always answered. I figure if you buy a rocket of this scale you have enough knowledge and experience to build it and you shouldn't have too many questions let alone have to pay above retail to cover someone's expenses. That's just plain stupid!!! I really don't care what any of you think and if this offends you well I guess the truth hurts. I call it exactly like I see it. Oh yeah and that video that his daughter takes you on a tour of the shop. Well done, but she would have been smarter to leave the part at the end asking for college donations. Really? It's not like anyone who shops there is paying enough already for the items they buy. Complete joke!!!
I agree with you on Apogee overcharging. I ordered from them once when I was first getting back into the hobby and after realizing I paid quite a bit more for it than 99% of other places, I told myself to never ever buy from them again. Rocksim's price is another issue considering OpenRocket does 99% of what you really need out of a flight sim for free (exclusions apply in terms of tube fins and stuff but those are oddrocs and not in the majority) but I won't get into that. If Aerotech themselves can deliver their own kit $50 cheaper, why even bother shopping anywhere else for their stuff unless a vendor local to you has it for the same cost or a sale. I just bought parts from LOC for a few things and I upgraded to Fedex shipping because I already have a $400 rocket lost somewhere between USPS and Composite Warehouse (if it even truly shipped) and LOC charges only $21 for Fedex versus Apogee's $30 so where is the extra $9 going? It's definitely not just kits and parts you're paying more for, they're pocketing the extra shipping charges.

Sorry for the rant but it had to be said.

I agree with you on Apogee overcharging. I ordered from them once when I was first getting back into the hobby and after realizing I paid quite a bit more for it than 99% of other places, I told myself to never ever buy from them again. Rocksim's price is another issue considering OpenRocket does 99% of what you really need out of a flight sim for free (exclusions apply in terms of tube fins and stuff but those are oddrocs and not in the majority) but I won't get into that. If Aerotech themselves can deliver their own kit $50 cheaper, why even bother shopping anywhere else for their stuff unless a vendor local to you has it for the same cost or a sale. I just bought parts from LOC for a few things and I upgraded to Fedex shipping because I already have a $400 rocket lost somewhere between USPS and Composite Warehouse (if it even truly shipped) and LOC charges only $21 for Fedex versus Apogee's $30 so where is the extra $9 going? It's definitely not just kits and parts you're paying more for, they're pocketing the extra shipping charges.

Sorry for the rant but it had to be said.
And to think $30 is the cheapest rate listed from their shipping options available.

The main reason why I use Amazon is the easy return feature. I probably send back about 10% of what I order. Most retailers prefer I order and try it rather than having the inventory sit on their shelf.

They don’t offer 2day shipping here. Often they’ll wait a couple days and group items together. This also gives us a couple days to change our minds and cancel the order.

Costco also has an easy return policy except for perishable food. We’ve learned not to buy fruit there that we’re not ready to throw out in a couple days.

Back