Who ever said marriage was 50/50????

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Bowhunter

Reaction score
I got the short end of the tube! We got a 12 foot body tube ... Bowhunter got 8 feet and i only got 4! :( Some how i don't think thats fair!

Seems like he's working his way back to no pizza when we go to new york and 2 and 1/2 weeks! hehhehehe

But man i can't wait to see what he does with that 8 foot monster! Should be good!

Meantime i'll see if i can make 4 feet fly. lol

What diameter is the tube? Can we see some pics/plans:D :cool:

Its a four inch diameter. We''ll get some pics as soon as we go get new battaries for the digicam. Should be tommarrow.

Getting into HPR, are we?:D Congrats! Its great fun! Time to get out the checkbook! ;)

Your a NAR member, right? Im sure you know you need to be to cert...

Did you scrounge this tube up at the local rug store?:D Make sure your 4' sections not too crimped... He might have given you the part that was squished! (j/k) Those carped tubes arent all that round usually, though. I have two that I am going to use for tube couplers for my big 4" mailing tube rocket.:D You can always get more next week (they get new orders all the time, and just throw the tubes out into thier warehouses), and keep it ALL for yourself!:D ;)

Thatll teach him... no pizza and no more carpet tube!:D ;)

It was from a roll of lanolium flooring. We went to supper at his aunts new house the other night walked in and it was sitting in the livingroom so ofcourse we grabed it. lol .. Its actually in really good condition .. no squishing lol .. and the roundness seems good .. maybe becuase the lenolium is lighter then the carpet .. dunno.. but it will work. As for the Cert.. i'll see what i can do .. if it turns out alright .. i might just use it for my cert 1 flight :)) but shhhh don't tell bowhunter ... im gonna take my time and suprise him:) lol

This proabably isnt the best place to keep a secret (hold on, I gotta go PM bowhunter...:D ;) :p (j/k)).

Any idea what its going to look like? What are you going to use for fins? You could go to the carpet store and buy some more tubes for a tube-finned rocket... It doesent matter as much how squished it is for the tube fins... Dont use them if they are oval, but its just not as crucial. I might actually try that with my big carpet tubes... They have just been collecting dust for the past few weeks...:(

Hey Mrs Bowhunter, when he tries to fly that monster show him what the sky god thinks.

David

Originally posted by DavRedf
Hey Mrs Bowhunter, when he tries to fly that monster show him what the sky god thinks.

David

LOL funny

LOL

In this weeks episode of life with the Bowhunters... :D

And Dave, do you collect funny pics or something?!? LOL you just keep coming up with more of 'em :p

Phil

Not really Phil, I see a pic and think I can use that , so I keep it.

David

I think the only reason my wife lets me keep all my rocket stuff is that it helps keep me out of trouble. As long as I don't try to display them in the living room, and keep them dusted, she doesn't bother them.

But if I ever buy a sports car, I am sure it will immediately go onto her half of the driveway.

Originally posted by powderburner
I think the only reason my wife lets me keep all my rocket stuff is that it helps keep me out of trouble. As long as I don't try to display them in the living room, and keep them dusted, she doesn't bother them.

I'm with you on the first half, but not the second. My wife, too, likes that I'm at home, and not out "hanging with the guys" or going carousing and whatnot. But she also likes having my rockets out on display in the living room. We keep them on a wine rack, and she likes dusting them!:D :)

WW

Glad to see other people have rockets in their living room lol .. we have a bunch on the entertainment center. As for dusting ... guess who gets to have that job.

And i loved that Picture!

Not quite sure what im gonna do with that 4 footer yet .. any ideas? I like the idea of the carpet tubes for the fins.

We have rockets in the dining room.

And in the kitchen.

And in the office.

And in the basement.

And in the garage.

And in the.......hey.........nope........none in the living room.

Gotta fix that! :D

And the best way to dust em......Fly Em!

Originally posted by Gus
And the best way to dust em......Fly Em!

Actually, for me, because I fly in the desert, I have to dust my rockets AFTER I fly them!

WW

Back