Who currently has the flu???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2nd Best James Bond movie?

• Dr. No ('62) / Sean Connery

• From Russa with Love ('63) / Sean Connery

• Goldfinger ('64) / Sean Connery

• On Her Majesty's Secret Service ('69) / George Lazenby

• Diamonds Are Forever ('71) / Sean Connery

• The Spy Who Loved Me ('77) / Roger Moore

• For Your Eyes Only ('81) / Roger Moore

• Never Say Never Again ('83) / Sean Connery

• A View to a Kill ('85) / Roger Moore

• Tomorrow Never Dies ('97) / Pierce Brosnan

• Dr. No ('62) / Sean Connery

• From Russa with Love ('63) / Sean Connery

• Goldfinger ('64) / Sean Connery

• On Her Majesty's Secret Service ('69) / George Lazenby

• Diamonds Are Forever ('71) / Sean Connery

• The Spy Who Loved Me ('77) / Roger Moore

• For Your Eyes Only ('81) / Roger Moore

• Never Say Never Again ('83) / Sean Connery

• A View to a Kill ('85) / Roger Moore

• Tomorrow Never Dies ('97) / Pierce Brosnan

Results are only viewable after voting.

PGerringer

Ruler of Heck
Reaction score
I'm sitting here at work waiting for my app to compile feeling miserable. I'm so stuffed and shaking. I need to go home. So I thought, since I can't go home right now, I can get people to feel sorry for me but making a poll. :)

I've been feeling it coming on for about the last week. So far, I've been holding it at arm's length but I'm expecting to get it soon. It's that "Blah" feeling when you feel like crap but not crappy enough where anyone will feel sorry for you.

Got it about 2 months ago...felt like I was gonna die! Started Friday, felt better days later so I worked from home Wednesday just to be close to the throne and I finally made it back into the office the following Thursday. After 5 days of firehosing water out my rear, it started to subside. I lost 18lbs in 5 days...what a way to diet, huh?

Carl
So Phil, see what ya still have to look forward to? :D

Originally posted by CTulanko
Got it about 2 months ago...felt like I was gonna die! Started Friday, felt better days later so I worked from home Wednesday just to be close to the throne and I finally made it back into the office the following Thursday. After 5 days of firehosing water out my rear, it started to subside. I lost 18lbs in 5 days...what a way to diet, huh?

Carl
So Phil, see what ya still have to look forward to? :D

ROTFLOL!!!! and crying too. :)

We 'shared' it all around our family about a month ago.
What a joy. Death might actually be better.

I have not had the flu this year........ Phil, Mark and the other going to the TRF Launch in April, please get over it soon!!!!! Bring your rockets and not your germs :D :D

The way viruses travel round the world you probably have the same flu that i had last october:D

Originally posted by PGerringer
I'm sitting here at work waiting for my app to compile feeling miserable. I'm so stuffed and shaking. I need to go home. So I thought, since I can't go home right now, I can get people to feel sorry for me but making a poll. :)

its hitting my school hard but I have not gotten it luckily

your quote reminded me of a webpage, this is pretty halarious and might make you feel better. Warning; this site is offensive, it is to me too in some places, but at the same time it is halarious

www.maddox.xmission.com

I had the stomach flu 2 weeks ago missed 3 1/2 days of work. Gave me plenty of time to "explore" JimZ's web site, between trips to....well everybody can guess! I found alot of rockets to scratch build! Thank you Jim!!!!!! loojack:D

Ohhh...you meant stomach flu! I've had a respiratory flu for the last couple of days, which is making preparation for NARCON (and proofreading the NARCON issue of the WOOSH-Pop newsletter) a real bear. I'm finally starting to feel better though, so, hopefully I won't have any relapses and will be healthy by Friday.

By the way, thanks ever so much for that description, Carl. I wasn't sick to my stomach until just a few moments ago.

Yeah, Carl, what Kermie said.

Thank goodness there is one other moderator besides me that has class. Unlike the other crude and crass mods and admins.

Last year I got sick with something and felt like crap for a coupla days... Might have been the flu. Havent had it yet this year tho.

Kinda reminds ya of the beginning of Willy Wonka.

For whatever reason, the flu avoids <i>me</i>. And i don't do anything special healthwise: I eat chocolate, red meat, oversugar my coffee, guzzle Dr. Pepper. My wife tells me I need to change my ways but it's she who comes down ill, not me.

Hey Phil,

I woke up Sunday night at 2am with a stomach ache that just got worse as the night continued. Not to be too graphic but I was shootin' from both ends for 2 1/2 days. The knife in the gut feeling finally went away and I was able to get some sleep late Tuesday afternoon. Woke up Wednesday morning feeling hungry so I went back to work but I probably should have stayed home another day. At least it was a slow day. Still firehosing water out my rear as Carl puts it. God I hope that ends soon! All I can say is drink as much water as you can keep in and I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Later,
Paul

Luckily mine isn't a stomach flu, but it feels like crap just the same. Mine is a sinus/respiratory flu. And yes I'm still at work today. Ken is a real slave driver. :)

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Whoa, there fellas, I sympathize with you and all, but that is WAY more information than I need to know!

Glenn

Ever since I got out of the USAF, I have not had a flu shot. Never had the flu all those years (1993 - pres). This year, at the advice of my doctor and my wife, I got a flu shot. Well guess friggin' what? I got sick! Never again will another flu shot enter this body. :mad:

I thought I had the stomach flu, matter of fact I wish I did. I'm down for the second time in two weeks. Seems my colon is not functioning as it should, and is causing all kinds of problems. I'm going for a C.T. in the morning, and some more tests, hopefully I'll get some good news. The worst part, is I might be setting home Saturday, instead of trekking down to Manchester :(

I haven't been sick with the flu or a colds in over two years....

but then during flu and cold season I tend to :

1. stay away from people in general
2. definately stay away from people with kids
3. absolutely,positively stay away from kids.

those little buggers with their evolving immune systems are just magnets for bugs......

Originally posted by PGerringer
Luckily mine isn't a stomach flu, but it feels like crap just the same.

Not to say that I was feeling you up, but when I patted you on the back after your successful L3 launch (which I found some cool pics of, BTW), you felt like crap then too.... :D

haven't had the flu in 3 or 4 years - always get a shot in November when the vaccine's come out. However, my wife and both kids have had it in the past month. Doesn't look like much fun to me. I'd rather be launching rockets than lunch!

Back