Who’s going to launch this holiday weekend

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam3836

Reaction score
Are you launching this weekend? And if so what rockets are you preparing for flight?
Low-mid-high power whatever ya got let’s see some pictures of what you may fly.
Have a safe Memorial Day all

Small field so only LPR.
I have a bunch of E2Xs that have never touched the sky so they will have their maidens on Sunday.
0527221844a[1].jpg

And this one that has flown a couple of times. Going up on a QJet D20.
0527221844[1].jpg

Then off to Punchbowl to pay my respects.

Are you launching this weekend? And if so what rockets are you preparing for flight?
Low-mid-high power whatever ya got let’s see some pictures of what you may fly.
Have a safe Memorial Day all
Not me because USPS wants to take the longest route possible to ship my ematches.

Waiting to hear if Sunday is a go up here in Minnesota.

I have my go to almost always ready to fly mid and high power rockets. My Dx3 is currently moth balled.20210508_092104.jpg

I am doing some repaint on my 4" Frenzy, the first flight on a AT J415w had a hard landing, no major damage, I also painted the fins metalic blue. Just need to re assemble with the ebay and recovery gear. It out performed my simulation by a little, could fly on a 38 I 1299, or I have a AT K185w loaded up.
20210803_095435.jpg

I did get my 1/4 scale Viking 7 rocket up in the air last year on a AT L1000w dms. The flight was good, low and slow. I have sense put some more paint on it and revised the drouge and main chute process and looking to fly it this year on a 75mm AT L1256ws to 2,200'.

Screenshot_20211023-162922_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20211023-162938_Video Player.jpg
20211008_205805.jpg

Waiting to hear if Sunday is a go up here in Minnesota.

I have my go to almost always ready to fly mid and high power rockets. My Dx3 is currently moth balled.View attachment 520529

I am doing some repaint on my 4" Frenzy, the first flight on a AT J415w had a hard landing, no major damage, I also painted the fins metalic blue. Just need to re assemble with the ebay and recovery gear. It out performed my simulation by a little, could fly on a 38 I 1299, or I have a AT K185w loaded up.
View attachment 520530

I did get my 1/4 scale Viking 7 rocket up in the air last year on a AT L1000w dms. The flight was good, low and slow. I have sense put some more paint on it and revised the drouge and main chute process and looking to fly it this year on a 75mm AT L1256ws to 2,200'.

View attachment 520532
View attachment 520533
View attachment 520531
Wow! Great pictures

going to my first National Sport Launch. I have to Re-certify Level 1 :mad: (total crock of horse s!#^) with my PML MR-1 on an H90 if the guy shows up with the motor. I'll try to get the 25 year old J350 motor to launch my Apogee Level-2 rocket after taking the written test (the Sheeple must be monitored for intelligence)😛
Also have the Blobbo, Lil Goblin, and the Diablo
iMfeiNE.jpg

GmXE30z.jpg

My painter failed to get my big rocket done.:angiefavorite:
j4zd0ht.jpg

Going up to Alamosa, Co. to fly with SLVR at “Spudnik”. It’s a 1 1/2 hour drive. Red flag warning starts at 11 AM, so we only have a 3 hour window to fly....

Same here. As through Es with my son. 13 decent launches. One slightly unstable Saturn V and a broken fin on a Viking that's already fixed were the only negatives in a great morning of flying.

IMG_9309.jpg

Last edited:
The TRASH Lab is doing pre-flight inspections on Der Red Max, Arreaux, and a couple of H-I powered scratch builds..

The forecast is favorable at Cape Cottonfield for all 3 days with clear skies and low winds. However, there are EPA concerns at Red Clay Launch Complex. This morning's situation:
IMG_7657.JPG

And Launch Complex 1 is in need of maintenance:

IMG_20220513_200152386.jpg

But Launch Complex West is in good condition for low altitude flights. However, the local AHD hasn't released final OK for launches. Honey-do's may take precedence over advancements in space exploration...

Wishing I could be at NSL!

Back