Whistler's Mother

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Cape Byron

The BAR formerly known as Skippy-2
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Thingiverse has a couple of rocket whistles.

Maybe something of use.

aerostadt

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thingiverse has a couple of rocket whistles.

Maybe something of use.
These look like really interesting concepts. As usual, the actual flying is the real test. The thing about whistlers is that the best opportunity for hearing them is when they are the closest, but that is when the motor is the loudest. After the motor dies down, the whistler is rapidly getting farther and farther away from the listener.

dhbarr

Amateur Professional
Reaction score
These look like really interesting concepts. As usual, the actual flying is the real test. The thing about whistlers is that the best opportunity for hearing them is when they are the closest, but that is when the motor is the loudest. After the motor dies down, the whistler is rapidly getting farther and farther away from the listener.
Need an ultra-short boost time, like the e75 or so.

jqavins

Helpful Smartass
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe. I know you can fit a micromaxx into a regular Nerf dart. It's a nice fit, and flies pretty well to very little altitude. A whistling Nerf dart might even work that way.

kuririn

BARGeezer
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The orange nerf dart whistle head fits into a bt-20 tube.
For short and fast acceleration maybe a C5 motor.
Or a D21. 😁

jqavins

Helpful Smartass
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I still think an A10 is a better idea. Short burn, good speed when the rocket is very light, and not going too much faster that the whistle is designed for.

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Too bad you can’t (or at least shouldn’t) set a jolly logic for 25 feet😈

teepot

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I built a flying pumpkin using a 12 inch plastic pumpkin pail. I made a lid and stuck a rocket up the middle. To accommodate the rail I cut out a piece from the top and bottom of the pail. That whistled. I like the nose cone idea and the half bobber idea. I have a bunch of plastic fillable balls. They come in halves. I will try drilling a hole in the top and glue them to a rockets fins and see how that works. Then the nose cone.

Sooner Boomer

Reaction score
My whistle rocket didn't. Tried it today on an A10. Fun flight, foam nosecone made it bounce real high, but no sound.