Which out of business model rocket company would you like to see resurrected?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRS Hobbies

Reaction score

My vote would be either Flight Systems Inc or Thrustline Aerospace. I like a lot of the rocket designs that these companies have released over the years. It's a tough choice in general since a lot of cool model rocket companies have come and gone over the years.

Best regards,
Brian

Centuri. Many of their kits I can't even clone because they had those intricate parts.

I really like the Thrustline offerings too.

My vote would be either Flight Systems Inc or Thrustline Aerospace. I like a lot of the rocket designs that these companies have released over the years. It's a tough choice in general since a lot of cool model rocket companies have come and gone over the years.

Best regards,
Brian

John at Thrustline has twice contacted me (and probably others) about picking up his kits and I've expressed interest both times but that's as far as it went.

Oh, and to answer the original question, Squirrel Works. I've heard a few times, as late as this week, that they're out of business.

So many good companies. I agree with all of the above and especially-Dynacom, Vaughn Brothers and THOY. I loved the THOY Nighthawk and Falcon, and the VB extreme series.

Oh, and to answer the original question, Squirrel Works. I've heard a few times, as late as this week, that they're out of business.

So are you out of business? I would like to get a few of your kits if you are not. Sorry if I'm not up on the code with this one.

Vaughn Brothers Rocketry

Very nice kits, launch pads and launch electronics...

+++! on Dynacom

Ahh yes, how could I forget, Vaughn Brothers! Friend of mind had a Blobbo back in the day and I still have a Lil Wild Thing. Would love to building the full scale Wild Thing!!

THOY Falcon also on my dream build list also!!

+++1 Dynacom

++++1 Dynacom

I've been lusting after a Dynacom Python for years.

Sexiest rocket IMHO, right after the Giant Leap Talon.

rp_dc_python06.jpg

rp_dc_python03.jpg

Last edited:
We must have similar taste :). My scratch based on the photos above:

20160109_152822_zpszms9ghpp.jpg

20160131_151426_zpsvjsw5xdw.jpg

Roachwerks!!!

True Modeler's Rocket Kits, Rocket R&D, Edmonds Aerospace, Neubauer...

Cheers,
Michael

Dynacom.
From the perspective of today where there are many other manufacturers of fiberglass kits Dynacom would be just another high end kit. At the time they were the only FG Kit manufacture and to see one they were spectacular.
Dynacom set the bar very high with filament wound nose cones and tubes.

M

I agree from a customer standpoint a bunch of these would be cool to see...

But the OP's title makes me instantly think of that one building in every town in america that's been 30 different bars/restaurants and yet every 6 months someone new comes in and opens something up...

Back