which one?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is a better choice?

• 1 LOC Starburst

• 2 Dr. Zooch kits

• 1 LOC Starburst

• 2 Dr. Zooch kits

Results are only viewable after voting.
Let me guess that you love high altitude rockets.

I wouldn't go with either, scratch machbusters are real cheap (+- 20) and you can make em whatever diameter you want. I would do with 38mm and adapt down for flying 29mm g-h motors, i don't know if there are any 29mm I's? Then, when you feel crazy, shove an Ellis J in there and get yourself a walston, that thing should break mach. Whoosh-bam-pop.

well the aspire is less than 20 dollars and the xroc prototype comes with insurance so if you lose it you can get a new one free..

There's really nothing special about the Aspire - a fine rocket, but pretty basic stuff. What gives it its altitude is the Apogee long-burn composite motor.

Yea... But! If you already have the nose and some bits of plywood laying around the house it becomes a 4 dollar tube as your only expense.

Or, if you really want a kit, I would say go with the aspire. The bigger motors you can put in a 29mm tube the better. You can out an H in teh Aspire f you really want to see it go mach and at least 6k.

Just FYI I was checking out some of the new Ellis 29 mm I-69s at NARAM this year.I would love to fly a VB Extreme 29 on one of those puppies.

Just FYI I was checking out some of the new Ellis 29 mm I-69s at NARAM this year.I would love to fly a VB Extreme 29 on one of those puppies.

Nice!!! Wahoo!!!

I still believe in small altitude rockets that can bust 6k and touch mach on a G. It's not so bad if (no when :D ) ya lose em.

Originally posted by Blue_Ninja_150
I would do with 38mm and adapt down for flying 29mm g-h motors, i don't know if there are any 29mm I's?

I've got a carefully reserved I132-15 and a Laser-LOC 1.5 to put it in :D :D

Back