Which of these shirt designs do you like best? take 3!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, at this point 10 people have voted that they both stink but not one of you has posted as to WHY they stink. If you give me some feedback maybe i can make one the DOESN'T stink!:)

Ok, you asked for it! I don't like the t-shirts - blue text on pink with orange trim - yuk! I don't like either of the fonts - both are too fancy, A reminds me of teh early 80s for some reason. The slogan doesn't grab me either. When I think about what I like about rocketry - speed's not uppermost in my mind.

Well, to be honest, I don't really like either of them. Shirt A's font is kind of ugly especially with the colors, and shirt B's font is sort of difficult to read. The text isn't really eye catching either. Sorry, but that's my opinion.:)

I agree with the comments about the color. It just needs... more. Maybe a image or something.

Definitley agree about the colour. IMO it needs something between "Model rocketry" and "The world's fastest hobby", maybe a picture/drawing, or perhaps even a comma or something.

Phil

Originally posted by WiK
Definitley agree about the colour. IMO it needs something between "Model rocketry" and "The world's fastest hobby", maybe a picture/drawing, or perhaps even a comma or something.
I agree, it definitely needs a break after "rocketry". A picture would be best, but even adding a space or a horizontal line would be an improvement.

Another thing, why limit yourself to "model" rocketry. What about the high-power guys? Maybe change "model" to "sport", or just drop "model" altogether.

Originally posted by hokkyokusei
Ok, you asked for it! I don't like the t-shirts - blue text on pink with orange trim - yuk! I don't like either of the fonts - both are too fancy, A reminds me of teh early 80s for some reason. The slogan doesn't grab me either. When I think about what I like about rocketry - speed's not uppermost in my mind.

Yes I did! I can do one with a plain font but i think i would need to add an image. which i was trying to avoid because i'm lazy.

As for the color of the shirt itself, ALL of my shirts come in lot's of colors, pink just happened to be the one i clicked and dragged to post here.

some people like speed some don't! shirt's for everybody's tastes, the masses and the fringes! :D

Originally posted by Adam Selene
Yes I did! I can do one with a plain font but i think i would need to add an image. which i was trying to avoid because i'm lazy.

some people like speed some don't! shirt's for everybody's tastes, the masses and the fringes! :D

Instead of a plain font I would choose something less dated, but interesting.

Not sure about the use rights on these, but always a good source of interesting display fonts:

https://chank.com/

Originally posted by BobCox
I agree, it definitely needs a break after "rocketry". A picture would be best, but even adding a space or a horizontal line would be an improvement.

Another thing, why limit yourself to "model" rocketry. What about the high-power guys? Maybe change "model" to "sport", or just drop "model" altogether.

probably a colon:

a picture of a static rocket seams kinda dumb with this slogan, maybe a smoke trail?

it's all model rocketry to me. but i could drop that if that's what people want.

I assume the graphic can be printed on other colors of shirts, so I won't address the shirt colors themselves. As far as the graphic itself, my instincts say it would be improved if the words "MODEL ROCKETRY" were followed by an ellipsis ( ... ). A background image, or even some abstract wipe of a good contrasting color, would add some visual appeal, but text alone isn't so bad.

Of the two fonts you show, A is definitely easier on my eyes than B. Besides, B is too, well, "electric", which implies something other than "speed" to me.

But those are just my opinions.

Back