Which glue?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee55

Reaction score
Ok, gonna start building the mini mean machine later this week my biggest concern is the fins.. What glue should I use to attach them. Gorilla wood glue or glue all glue?

Attachments

• IMG_20200714_040434.jpg
    IMG_20200714_040434.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 19
Both are good glues. The wood glue tends to grab a bit quicker, while the glue all will take a bit longer. I basically depends on how fast you want to work, or how long you want to hold the parts (if you don't have a jig).

Both will work.

I prefer wood glue (I use Titebond II) for fin-body attachment due to its quicker grab. White glue is better for motor mounts for the opposite reason (there, quick grab = bad).

I used Elmers Glue al for years. Works great so no complaints. Going forward you might want to pick up some Titebond Thick and Quick. Makes your life a lot easier when settig fins as things tend to stay where you put them

I used Elmers Glue al for years. Works great so no complaints. Going forward you might want to pick up some Titebond Thick and Quick. Makes your life a lot easier when settig fins as things tend to stay where you put them
I use Quick and Thick for fillets, always. But I have to say I am suspicious of it for bonding: it's so viscous I have doubts about its ability to really soak into the wood (or paper) at the joint and achieve maximum strength. That is why I've also taken to applying *thin* fillets of regular TBII before apply Quick and Thick: the TBII will flow into the joint and fill all gaps.

Please note this based on my own suspicions only; I haven't done any testing to confirm.

Back