Quantcast

Where to get......

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

berlinetta

Reaction score
I am in the process of building my L3 project. I will be posting pictures as the build progresses. Anyways, I am wondering where would the best places to get 2 inch wide tubular nylon with end loops sewn in. I am looking to get approximately 10 feet total (5 feet for each end). I will have another 25-30 feet of 1 inch wide tubular nylon connected to each of the 2 inch wide tubular nylon.

Any help in locating either one of these at the best price would be appreciated.

blackjack2564

Crazy Jim's Gone Banana's
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know about tubular but I got some 2in strap [seat belt] from PML. They supply it in their Ultimate Endeavor kits . You have to call and ask,I never could find it on their site.
When I realized it was just seat-belt strap the light bulb came on!

Then I went to the local car junkyard to buy some more. They told me I could have all I wanted free if I went and cut it out of the cars myself. Go for the shoulder harness you get 6-8ft easily. You ain't gonna break it with a rocket, that's for sure.

You can also try big box stores [Lowe's, Home Depot etc.] in the trailer hitch/towing section. My comrades did a 10in rocket and wanted 75ft for big shockcord, They used a 2in. towing strap. That might be tubular, I never paid enough attention to know for sure.

Any awning/canvas, boat cover, upholstery, shoe repair shop can sew in the loops

Last edited:

JDcluster

Reaction score
REI sells 2" wide TN. They don't do loops, I just tie knots & make my own loops.
Blue Water is the brand of the TN.

JD