Where to get......

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berlinetta

Reaction score
I am in the process of building my L3 project. I will be posting pictures as the build progresses. Anyways, I am wondering where would the best places to get 2 inch wide tubular nylon with end loops sewn in. I am looking to get approximately 10 feet total (5 feet for each end). I will have another 25-30 feet of 1 inch wide tubular nylon connected to each of the 2 inch wide tubular nylon.

Any help in locating either one of these at the best price would be appreciated.

Don't know about tubular but I got some 2in strap [seat belt] from PML. They supply it in their Ultimate Endeavor kits . You have to call and ask,I never could find it on their site.
When I realized it was just seat-belt strap the light bulb came on!

Then I went to the local car junkyard to buy some more. They told me I could have all I wanted free if I went and cut it out of the cars myself. Go for the shoulder harness you get 6-8ft easily. You ain't gonna break it with a rocket, that's for sure.

You can also try big box stores [Lowe's, Home Depot etc.] in the trailer hitch/towing section. My comrades did a 10in rocket and wanted 75ft for big shockcord, They used a 2in. towing strap. That might be tubular, I never paid enough attention to know for sure.

Any awning/canvas, boat cover, upholstery, shoe repair shop can sew in the loops

Last edited:
REI sells 2" wide TN. They don't do loops, I just tie knots & make my own loops.
Blue Water is the brand of the TN.

JD

Latest posts

Back