• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Where to get CNC'ed centering rings for clusters???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FredA

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Who does CNC-cut centering rings for a five motor cluster?

Ideally I would want three made, each slightly different.

Rocket is 8" OD.
Desired material is 1/2" aircraft plywood.

The forward ring is just a CR with a central 98 and four outboard 38's located just within the ID of the BT so they clear the 3-fins.
The mid ring is really the aft ring as the aft-most ring is just a retainer. Would like a step in the OD so half matches the BT ID and the other half matches the BT OD to make a good thrust ring.
Would consider sending a stepped blank to CNC shop or perhaps forgoing the step if it's not possible.
The aft ring as stated above is just a retainer - want it thin - thin metal or thin ply would work, but must be <1/4" thick.

Anyone out there with the ability to make these or have a contact, please PM me.
Looking for precision - I can cut them myself with my router and circle template, but want more accurate centers than one-at-a-time done by hand would yield.

You could try UpscaleCNC (Nat Kinsey) - wingarcher on the forums. The work I've seen from him is top quality.

Chris

I've had Nat cut some fins for me and they fit perfect. Good prices too.
More options-I think also Mike Fisher at Binder Design can do rings and maybe Tim at Wildmans.

Last edited:
Nat did a really nice job cutting the fins for the upscale Onyx that I just started building. It's going to be epic.

Upscale CNC did these for me:

75mm center, 29mm outboards:

75mm to 4x29mm adapter:

Back