Where to download sim files?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyDiamond

Reaction score
Hey fellas. Noob question... is there a good site or resource for uploading/downloading sim files for various rockets?

Just got into the hobby, and it seems OpenRocket is the best free simulator to learn, so I am trying to find a place I can download sim files for Aerotech rocket kits, or any others really, so I can play around with it.
Also, how is file compatibility across different simulators?

Thanks

You bet. Just remember, than when you open a rocksim file it won't save any motor configs/simulations if you try to re-save it as a rocksim file. Save it as an open rocket file and everything will be saved. If I use a rocksim file I immediately do a save as 😃

You bet. Just remember, than when you open a rocksim file it won't save any motor configs/simulations if you try to re-save it as a rocksim file. Save it as an open rocket file and everything will be saved. If I use a rocksim file I immediately do a save as 😃
In case it wasn't clear, OpenRocket (OR) can open and save RockSim (RS) files, but not vice versa. So you can go look for files created with either program and use them in OR. Those are the only two design and simulation programs worth talking about for most purposes (please note the underline before posting angry corrections) so there's the whole and complete answer to "how is file compatibility across different simulators?"

In case it wasn't clear, OpenRocket (OR) can open and save RockSim (RS) files, but not vice versa. So you can go look for files created with either program and use them in OR. Those are the only two design and simulation programs worth talking about for most purposes (please note the underline before posting angry corrections) so there's the whole and complete answer to "how is file compatibility across different simulators?"

Thanks, that's really good to know.

The one you pay for can only read its own files. The free one can read anything….. I have a paid copy of rocksim, so just mentioning that in case anyone wanted to address it.

Latest posts

Back