• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Where to buy swivels?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob702Martinez

Zip-Tie Oversight Committee
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for steel bearing swivels...size 8, 9 and 10. Welded ring.
All I am finding is 6 week shipping from China or out of stock, or barrel/brass type, nothing local either...

Ideas or where to go? Is the correct price 7-10 bucks for one?

Thanks

I have ordered them from Teddy previously and you can't beat the quality and advice offered in response to queries. Furthermore, its hard to return a defective product to China. Stick with one bad hawk, you'll be satisfied.

Fred,
L2,ROSCO
KG4YGP

I have ordered them from Teddy previously and you can't beat the quality and advice offered in response to queries. Furthermore, its hard to return a defective product to China. Stick with one bad hawk, you'll be satisfied.

Fred,
L2,ROSCO
KG4YGP

Thank you so much Fred...
I was astounded at Fred A's response...
Way to go supporting your local rocketry vendors ...
I believe I have just about the lowest price around on the particular swivels I sell..
I won't carry anything I don't believe is the best...
To carry a truck full of stuff back and forth to launches and still have a better then just competitive price is quite the feat...

Teddy

I would advise you but them from either AeroPack or OneBadHawk. Both have reliable products.

WarnerR bought a swivel at LDRS and it sheared in half on his ShapeShifter flight...

I have used them from WildMan and Aeropack without incident. .but i havent hooked them to a 8lb project

Kenny

Teddy, you are welcome....:eyeroll:
I'd ALWAYS order from a rocket vendor IF AND ONLY IF they had the product I wanted at a competitive price.

I ordered Rosco 832-P Swivels for $1.53 EACH ... rated for 1200 pounds.

So why would I order your 1100 pounds swivels for $12 each???????

Last edited:

Teddy, you are welcome....:eyeroll:
I'd ALWAYS order from a rocket vendor IF AND ONLY IF they had the product I wanted at a competitive price.

I ordered Rosco 832-P Swivels for $1.53 EACH ... rated for 1200 pounds.

So why would I order your 1100 pounds swivels for $12 each???????

Because the swivels you bought from a fishing supplier are rated 1200 lbs as a failure rating..
The swivels you are quoting that I sell are rated 1100 lbs as a working load limit or wll......

Teddy

Fred
I'm on my phone now bed.
Tomorrow I get up at 5 and have a 105 mile run to do each way to help
out setting up and supporting a METRA launch that not only do I have
no intention of flying at, but I really shouldn't be going to because I have a
house full of family coming over tomorrow. .
But I'll be able to get home early enough to help and I have some stuff I
promised to drop off at the launch. ...
Either tomorrow night late or Sunday morning I'll look
more into the swivels you posted that the new person should buy
and put in his recovery line...
To be honest, I've seen you beat some people up awfully soundly
on this forum. . I really find it hard to believe you don't know the difference
between a failure rating and a working load limit.....

Teddy

Teddy,
Have a nice launch.
I've not researched swivels. But I know what works for me.
I've ripped 1" TN and stretched (no failure) the swivel noted doing so.
Seems plenty for me.
Besides, beyond deployment force (where you want the rating) the only force on the swivel is gravity - who flies 1000 pound rockets?

And I don't see why you are mad I answered a question on where to buy swivels.
Just presenting options as others did too.
Get some sleep - you seem to need it.

Last edited:
Because the swivels you bought from a fishing supplier are rated 1200 lbs as a failure rating..
The swivels you are quoting that I sell are rated 1100 lbs as a working load limit or wll......

Teddy

Then your swivels should have a failure rating of 5500 lbs, 5:1 is a fairly common safety factor used in Crane and Rigging. They are excellent quality product.

Thanks guys for the options but only 2 really have what I want. Either AP or OBH...might get a few harnesses too.

Go with Teddy at OBH. I had a custom harness made with a swivel sewn into one end of the harness. His harnesses are top notch, he provides excellent service and I'm telling you, those swivels he sells are the most heavy duty swivels I've found. They may cost more, but when I launch a rocket, a failure in my recovery equipment is the last thing on my mind.

The SS swivel and quick-links Teddy included with our harness are way nicer than anything else I've seen.

Go with Teddy at OBH. I had a custom harness made with a swivel sewn into one end of the harness. His harnesses are top notch, he provides excellent service and I'm telling you, those swivels he sells are the most heavy duty swivels I've found. They may cost more, but when I launch a rocket, a failure in my recovery equipment is the last thing on my mind.

Back