Where my Country music fans at?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Autotune has ruined music in general. Everyone has perfect pitch now.
That's not just true of country/western, but popular music in general. Little variations in pitch and timing let you know that it's a real person, not some computerized app. I love the stuff from the 70's, all genres... you could hear the screeching of guitar strings as the artist moved up and down the neck, and all the subtleties of every instrument and voice. Everything is so overproduced today that it's the producer who basically makes the recording, not the artist.

All right, I'll post it.
I wasn't going to, for a lot of reasons (offending some folks, attacking other's tastes which I generally try not to do, it's DEFINITELY NOT "safe for work", and it's got some language that even I have issues with), but it seems like a number of folk on this thread will "get it" and appreciate it. Apologies to those who don't.

I give you Hank III with his take on things (and note that this was recorded almost 20 years ago).....

I've been to many hundreds of shows, in all kinds of styles/genres, in my lifetime......I saw Hank III around the time this show was recorded, and it is still to this day one of the best ever.

s6

Hank III has got some serious talent, no doubt. Sounds more like his grandfather, than his dad does. But it's the weird, satanic sounding stuff that keeps me from being a fan. JMO.

I'm assuming that at least some of the folks on this thread know about Western AF (and yes that stands for what you think it does). But if you don't, and you are looking for some new "country" that's a bit more authentic than what you generally find on corporate country radio/media these days, you are in for a treat. LOTS of great stuff.
Check it out --- https://www.youtube.com/@WesternAF/videos.

Here's a small sampling:

enjoy, s6

Man, a lot of great stuff gittin' posted up in here!

A few more favorites, in no particular order...

James is a bit more folk than country, I reckon, but that line gets awful thin at times:

All right, I'll post it.
I wasn't going to, for a lot of reasons (offending some folks, attacking other's tastes which I generally try not to do, it's DEFINITELY NOT "safe for work", and it's got some language that even I have issues with), but it seems like a number of folk on this thread will "get it" and appreciate it. Apologies to those who don't.

I give you Hank III with his take on things (and note that this was recorded almost 20 years ago).....

I've been to many hundreds of shows, in all kinds of styles/genres, in my lifetime......I saw Hank III around the time this show was recorded, and it is still to this day one of the best ever.

s6

Sure agree with the sentiment, if not the language. Jammin' song though!

Bass player looks like he's fixin' to pass a kidney stone....

Sure agree with the sentiment, if not the language. Jammin' song though!

Bass player looks like he's fixin' to pass a kidney stone....
Yeah Joe Buck (bass) is a bit of a freak of nature.
And yeah, young Hank sure got a potty mouth.

For something very different that will "cleanse the palate" some, check this out....
(I already posted this over on the "what are you listening to" thread......what a voice!)

s6

I grew up on a farm, and rode horses until my 40’s, but never really liked country music. Sure there are a few exceptions that transcend genres, but by and large, I’m a rock fan. 🤷🏼‍♂️
That being said, one of my favorite concerts was actually Garth Brooks.
The energy he had on stage compared to most rock concerts I’ve been to was surprisingly impressive.

Back