Where have you been all my life????

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDramstad

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I fell in love with this

sander.JPG

Just rolled a 6 inch diameter 4 foot long carbon fiber tube which would have taken days to sand smooth. 2 hours with the orbital sander and its better then I would have ever gotten it by hand. So much easier.

Hmmm. I have an orbital sander, but I've barely used it. How would you say it would compare to a belt sander? Specifically, if I were to firmly mount the sander to a stand, and use it to sand fins. Worth looking into, or stick with the belt?

I gave this exact equipment advice to someone talking about dreading sanding larger tubes recently! It makes things so much smoother (process and product :cool:)

As you said, the clamped belt sander is still the way to go for fins. The flat work plane of the belt deck is an important reference

I gave this exact equipment advice to someone talking about dreading sanding larger tubes recently! It makes things so much smoother (process and product :cool:)

As you said, the clamped belt sander is still the way to go for fins. The flat work plane of the belt deck is an important reference

That might have been me.......

That's what I thought too, until I bought my air orbital sander. You get the same result, it just comes even faster :)

Back